NGD: it's a... Nice day for a... White SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: it's a... Nice day for a... White SG

which one makes the sound more dark as you turn the volume down, regular or 50s wiring?

Comment

Modern wiring will maintain the overall volume better when you roll down the volume but at the cost of losing a bit of high end.

50s wiring keeps the amount of treble the same but drops a bit in volume as soon as you roll down the tone pot.

Awesome axe, BTW! Now you got me jonesing for a Heritage Cherry one...
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Cherry is also very good looking!
        Gonna keep modern wiring for now then, I am used to treble roll off when I lower volume.

Comment

Looks great. Congrats.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

looks great, good luck with it
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Love the storybook headstock. Nice guitar.

Comment

That looks great. There is no cooler guitar than a white SG!

Comment

Very, VERY nice guitar. White is my absolute favorite color for an SG. I've got two white ones, well, a white SG Custom and a white Wilshire. I like the full-sized guard, but I prefer the small scratch plate. Just my preference.

I have placed the strap button on the top horn on one of my SGs, but I really don't notice much difference in neck dive...some, but not enough to recommend doing it. Leave it and love it.

Again, beautiful guitar. And the new headstock design is great! I even think I like it better than the traditional Gibson storybook.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thanks you guys! It's pretty great so far, fun to look at and play. Now I just need time to play it!

Comment

I'm never too crazy about white, but as others have said, it really works on that SG. Sweet. And kudo's to Zzounds for great customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                        I'm never too crazy about white, but as others have said, it really works on that SG. Sweet. And kudo's to Zzounds for great customer service.
                        What colors do you like?

White to me can look a little stark, little plain, but when well executed, timeless and classy.
                        They can get dirty and look nasty but hey it's a guitar not a Lexus xD

In a bass thread someone pointed out to me that their white bass picks up colored stage lighting always to interesting effect and made for great promo photos and I think it's an added bonus

Comment

I don't know about that ^. But it will always look great under ANY condition. Definitely "timeless and classy".
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                          X