Sentient color & pole pieces/screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentient color & pole pieces/screws?

It's hard to tell from the pics. Is the Sentient glossy or matte black? And are the pole pieces the usual chrome (or do they call it nickel)? They kinda look black in pics.

Re: Sentient color & pole pieces/screws?

matte black and black-nickel I think maybe

Comment

Here’s my stock sentient 7. The poles are not a flat black, more like a black chrome. The pickup coils are a matte black, like a stealth black color. Click image for larger version

Name:	54920F96-BE1F-4F05-B3A4-AE9A11B3C2D2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	5818163

Here’s my Pegasus 7 which has the exact same color scheme as the sentient. I replaced the stock fillister pole screws with black oxide hex screws that are a standard flat black. You can see the contrast. Click image for larger version

Name:	A7DAD9CE-CF47-43CF-BDEC-471C518BABBF.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	5818165
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bowtomecha; 02-05-2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

My Pegasus looks tight with the hex pole pieces. Again this and the sentient come in the same color scheme stock. Click image for larger version

Name:	62042F7D-B478-4250-8ED6-130579F1D73C.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	5818166

Comment

Keep in mind, it can be ordered in a variety of colors through the Shop Floor Custom program.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Keep in mind, it can be ordered in a variety of colors through the Shop Floor Custom program.
            Can be but never seen one with normal polls. Have 3 2 matt black one zebra matt and all 3 have the black chrome polls. Always have thought Duncan has made a huge mistake in making these look so different from the rest of their line as they are a super versatile neck pickup. IMO maybe the most versatile that Duncan has. The looks will limit that market for this pickup however as does how Duncan is marketing these as for metal only has.
            Last edited by Ascension; 02-05-2020, 01:31 PM.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
              Can be but never seen one with normal polls. Have 3 2 matt black one zebra matt and all 3 have the black chrome polls. Always have thought Duncan has made a huge mistake in making these look so different from the rest of their line as they are a super versatile neck pickup. IMO maybe the most versatile that Duncan has. The looks will limit that market for this pickup however as does how Duncan is marketing these as for metal only has.
              There just isn't that many custom ones in the wild. But they can look like anything we currently make. The point is just because all of the marketing makes it look one way, doesn't mean it always has to be that exact way.

Comment

There just isn't that many custom ones in the wild. But they can look like anything we currently make. The point is just because all of the marketing makes it look one way, doesn't mean it always has to be that exact way.
                Understand and in most cases I would agree but it this case do not. IMO the Sentient neck is one of the single most usable and versatile neck pickups in the entire Duncan and may be THE most versatile. Have run most of them in something at some point over the years. Clean it's sweet full and warm without being muddy, crunched its defined clear and fat for solo sings. Covers about any style you throw at it well plus so far has been the absolute best neck bucker split with a single coil that I have yet used. To cosmetically produce it with a look that pins it to the metal crowd then market it also to pretty much just that crowd I see as a HUGE mistake. Makes more traditional players like myself have to pay more to get a pickup that looks like most of the rest of the Duncan line as a CS or Floor Custom.
                Last edited by Ascension; 02-05-2020, 03:42 PM.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Since there are few floor custom Sentient Zebras out in the wild here is mine in my Carvin ST 300 with a Hybrid Trembucker bridge.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Sent Hybrid 2.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	5818180
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Sent Hybrid 3.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	5818181
                  Last edited by Ascension; 02-07-2020, 02:12 AM.
                  Guitars

Comment

Thanks. �� Looks like I'd have to go with a floor shop custom to match the bridge pickup in looks. Hopefully it's not that much more expensive than stock.

Comment

No, it isn't a big upcharge. You do have to order it from an SD dealer, though.

Comment

No, it isn't a big upcharge. You do have to order it from an SD dealer, though.
                        Yep this one came from Banjo Mikes he normally stocks a number of floor custom pickups.
                        Like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seymour-Dun...IAAOSwf15aaf9R.
                        Recommended seller and have had FANTASTIC customer support from them.
                        Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                          Yep this one came from Banjo Mikes he normally stocks a number of floor custom pickups.
                          Like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seymour-Dun...IAAOSwf15aaf9R.
                          Recommended seller and have had FANTASTIC customer support from them.
                          Bravo to his ebay store's structure. It's so easy to surf his stock compared to other retailers. You can quickly narrow the search in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                            Bravo to his ebay store's structure. It's so easy to surf his stock compared to other retailers. You can quickly narrow the search in many ways.
                            Yep and here is a testimony to his CS.
                            I bought a Perpetual Burn from him that came in sealed or supposedly sealed but had been soldered in before. I hit the ebay site informed them that it has been soldered in before but since the pickup was flawless and the leads had never been cut there was no problem I was just informing them. An hour later Mike himself CALLED ME on my cell personally! Was both concerned, apologetic and dead serious about finding out how that could have happened. We talked for a little super cool guy and I never ever have forgotten that. Now if I buy a pickup off ebay it will be from them unless he just doesn't have what I need in stock at the time.
                            Guitars

Comment

Working...
                            X