NPC: RC booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPC: RC booster

I'll have to look. They're set the same way the forum bro who sold it to me set it.

Edit: Hmmm. All "down". That's not what they suggest. Let me "play" with this some more and report back. Then again, I don't want to hijack this thread.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-06-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      SL Drive has the Marshall Tone stack built in, to give that EQ shape. It’s still just op amp and clipping diodes, which disappointed me when I tried it. The JFET based Marshall style pedals are 10x better.

The RC and AC are very similar, the threshold of clipping on the RC is just higher than the AC. If you push enough signal into it, it’ll clip.
      Indeed. My RC clips -it's just that great clean sound that starts to sizzle as it breaks up for that later gain range on the pedal
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        I'll have to look. They're set the same way the forum bro who sold it to me set it.

Edit: Hmmm. All "down". That's not what they suggest. Let me "play" with this some more and report back. Then again, I don't want to hijack this thread.
        Hijack away. I just wanted people to see the golden horror I excerted upon the pedal. I've done what I came to do. [emoji16]
        --------------------------------------------------------
        1973 Aria 551
        1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
        1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
        1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
        1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
        1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
        2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
          Hijack away. I just wanted people to see the golden horror I excerted upon the pedal. I've done what I came to do. [emoji16]
          The Xotic Coma Golden JC Whitney Special Edition RC Booster has spoken.

Check out the Xotic OZ NOY AC/RC version sometime -it's super sweet
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            The Xotic Coma Golden JC Whitney Special Edition RC Booster has spoken.

Check out the Xotic OZ NOY AC/RC version sometime -it's super sweet
            I like the sound of it. What do you think my chances of getting Xotic to do a special limited edition signature run are?
            1973 Aria 551
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

I like the sound of it. What do you think my chances of getting Xotic to do a special limited edition signature run are?
              Well, you have my vote! let's start a ground swell.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                Wow! Are we talking about the same pedal? With Tone and Drive dimed, mine remains clean. I wonder if it's because I keep the volume of the amp below "call-the-cops" level?

P.S. Are you the forum bro I bought this from? If so, it's definitely the same pedal.
                Are you taking about the Xotic SL Drive? Mine has a ton of gain. (I’ve still got it, so it wasn’t me. I think you bought Blackouts from me)

I can see the RC Booster being nearly clean to the maxed out position.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It has tons of gain. I'm just saying that the pedal itself doesn't do "dirt". But then again . . . I haven't flipped the switches. Film@11.

(I'm dying. I can't do this 'til tomorrow morning when everyone else goes to work!)
                  Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-06-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Historical Content
                    For you old timers that grew up in the Chicago area, we had two auto parts stores. One was J. C. Whitney and the other was Warshawasky. My father had both catalogs and would check prices in both of them. And when we went down to pick up the items, he told me that we had to use the proper door door as the counter was split between the two catalogs......

From an old board,
                    I was a regular customer at BOTH shops in the 70's. Same building, single corner entrance, set at an angle. Sign above one door said Warshawsky, other door said J.C.Whitney. They both published a catalog, nearly identical, except for part number & prices. Some items were cheaper in one catalog, others cheaper in the other. I would spend several hours comparing prices & making a list with Catalog#, Part#, Item Name, & Cost. Then make my 70 mile drive into Chitown to make my buy... Loved It!
                    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

I used to pour over the JCWhitney catalog when I was a kid in the 1970s, planning all the cool accessories I would buy to make my imaginary car totally awesome once I was a grownup!

Comment

What does SL stand for?
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          What does SL stand for?
                          Well, it claims to be a MIAB, so if I were to venture a guess, my money would be on "Super Lead".
                          1973 Aria 551
                          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

yep, super lead. there are four internal dip switches which let you tailor the tone though so you can get something like a super bass as well

Comment

The eff does NPC mean?
                              The things that you wanted
                              I bought them for you

Comment

Well, it claims to be a MIAB, so if I were to venture a guess, my money would be on "Super Lead".
                                Oh well, that makes sense. I really like the Xotic line- a handful of the best sounds in an assortment of pedals.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X