Orange OR15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Orange OR15

I love my AD50 with 6CA7s, lead boost and a presence control. Has power switch to run 50 watt A/B or 30 watt class A. I always run 30 watt, sounds better, smoother to me. Sounds awesome. With the bass dimed it’s Sabbath and doom, with the bass rolled off it’s a Marshall. Master volume let’s me run anywhere, anytime, any level, same tone, no need for power soaks.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews!
      Excellent job.

I have a Tiny Terror and have been leaning towards an OR15 but the Rocker 15 review has me curious.
      I play mostly classic-type rock/distortion and use my volume control for clean tones.
      My main guitars are a PRS CU22, a Strat, and an LP.

Any comments or recommendations?
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ant_riv View Post
        Thanks for the reviews!
        Excellent job.

I have a Tiny Terror and have been leaning towards an OR15 but the Rocker 15 review has me curious.
        I play mostly classic-type rock/distortion and use my volume control for clean tones.
        My main guitars are a PRS CU22, a Strat, and an LP.

Any comments or recommendations?
        Thanks!
        Most of the Orange lunchbox amps are great for classic rock to be honest. I love the Tiny Terror because of it's raw sound. The OR15 is perhaps a bit more smooth sounding and it has more gain on tap. The Rocker 15 terror has a more vintage sound with less gain and slightly less rawness/aggression than the Tiny Terror. The best comparison that I can give you is this video:

Look for the proper timecodes in the description to find the segments of the amps you want to compare. Hope this helps!
        Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
        OwnHammer.com

Comment

Thank you very much Jon!
          That was great!

Comment

Jon I have been GAS’ing for an OR15 for a while. I have probably watched your video 10 times before I even came across this post.

I currently have:

Peavey JSX 212 combo
            Peavey Classic 30
            PRS MT15 head
            Laney Cub 10 combo
            Ampeg VH140C 212 combo

I’m wondering if the OR15 would be a good addition or redundant.

Comment

Nice demo. It gives me a greater appreciation for Orange. Especially for the heavier stuff. It's not sizzly, but then Orange has always been about the low mids. Great production and playing too.

Comment

Originally posted by t1r12003 View Post
                Jon I have been GAS’ing for an OR15 for a while. I have probably watched your video 10 times before I even came across this post.

I currently have:

Peavey JSX 212 combo
                Peavey Classic 30
                PRS MT15 head
                Laney Cub 10 combo
                Ampeg VH140C 212 combo

I’m wondering if the OR15 would be a good addition or redundant.
                I'm not familiar with all those amps but I definitely think the OR15 or another Orange for that matter would be a great addition to your collection. The Oranges really do their own thing...
                Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
                OwnHammer.com

Comment

Pulled the trigger on a used one from GC. Can’t wait to fire it up

Comment

Working...
                  X