Black Winter pickups in a JT-50 SG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter pickups in a JT-50 SG?

Hi everyone! Im a rookie who just started learning about guitar modifications. I've been researching a lot about pickups as well as other things that fit my guitar that i can swap out. I have a Jay Turser 50 SG style, i absolutely love this guitar, but unfortunately the wiring is going bad on my P90 pickups. I really want to throw in some Seymour Duncan Black Winter humbuckers to replace them. From what I've seen online, you can install BW pickups in the SG and just toss humbucker rings on. I really want to hear your feedback about this, has anybody done it? Is it easy to do? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks all!!🤘

Re: Black Winter pickups in a JT-50 SG?

I assume this is what you're working with?

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Depending on the guitar, you might need some routing done. Depending on the neck joint, it might be easy to do...or might cause a structural issue with the guitar. Can you post a pic of the guitar in question?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Black Winters won’t fit in a P-90 route.

Comment

That's it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nmcdonough View Post
            Hi everyone! Im a rookie who just started learning about guitar modifications. I've been researching a lot about pickups as well as other things that fit my guitar that i can swap out. I have a Jay Turser 50 SG style, i absolutely love this guitar, but unfortunately the wiring is going bad on my P90 pickups. I really want to throw in some Seymour Duncan Black Winter humbuckers to replace them. From what I've seen online, you can install BW pickups in the SG and just toss humbucker rings on. I really want to hear your feedback about this, has anybody done it? Is it easy to do? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks all!![emoji869]
            I have black winters in a 2002 SG standard. Sounds killer. But it was routed for humbuckers to begin with. Don't know how you're going to get regular humbuckers in a P90 rout though...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
            "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
            X