Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature

New on here and old in years so please forgive me if I do something wrong. Found a pickup and a recognizable signature was on the back so I thought this may be the best place to get clarification. Will try to attach a pic. Thank you
    Click image for larger version

Name:	seymour signature.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	5853439

Re: Signature

Welcome!

The NJ sticker indicates a Jazz neck (SH-2n) pre-2002.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

One of the pickup gurus will have to speak to the signature.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

that looks like an antiquity neck pup to me. you can see where there used to be another sticker. a jazz neck would have a different baseplate, 4 cond wiring, and short legs.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        that looks like an antiquity neck pup to me. you can see where there used to be another sticker. a jazz neck would have a different baseplate, 4 cond wiring, and short legs.
        Proof that with my old eyes I should quit posting from my phone.
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I also believe it could be an early Antiquity pickup with Seymour's signature.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The sticker probably says TN.

Comment

Signature

Looks like NJ to me. Definitely signed by Seymour. But what Duncan pickups use plain baseplates? That appears to have 4-con wire, so Antiquity Jazz Neck? Or just Antiquity Neck wound by MJ and signed by SD? Antiquities have always had a serial number sticker and looks like that’s the sticker that fell off.

Comment

I suppose that OEM models might use plain baseplates. Where did this pickup come from?

Comment

every antiquity humbucker ive ever seen has a plain baseplate like that and seymours signature. also, thats a 2 cond braided wire which is what antiquitys have

Comment

What beau said. Ant neck probably made by MJ: First, only Seymour did the Ant and CS pickups, then MJ joined the CS. My guess, its an early MJ made Ant with NJ on the label.

Now a shot in the dark: the label is not rubber stamped (pre 1997) and not label printed, but made with a type writer. My guess is mid to late 90ies made.
                    Last edited by hamerfan; 02-06-2020, 01:23 PM.
                    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Thank you for all the replies. This may have come out of an Ibanez LP copy from the late seventies that I bought sometime in the 90's. Can't say for certain but the guitar is no longer with me so I may have switched it out. Was considering putting it in a Tele build at the neck position. Thanks again

Comment

This would be a great pickup for a Tele neck position.

Comment

Working...
                        X