banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What value pots to use with a hot lead stack for tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What value pots to use with a hot lead stack for tele?

Are these best with 500k or 250k pots?

Re: What value pots to use with a hot lead stack for tele?

On my ESP LTD TE-212 I had installed a STK-T2b (Hot Lead Stack) and an APH-1n (Alnico II Pro), a Les Paul three-way position switch, and individual switches for each pickup for Series / Parallel / Split wiring. Some magic on the pots, allowing to select between 500k or 250k, depending whether in series or split, to try and catch some classic tones.

The Stack still gives a Tele character, although a modern one. Handles high gain very well. A2Pro is a dream on the neck, liquid solos just pour out, and parallel and split gives very usable tones, mainly in clean/ breakup.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

There is no "best". It is purely a personal preference. I would probably use 500k pots, but you should try them both to see what sounds "best" to you. It isn't a difficult, time consuming, or expensive procedure to wire in/change a pot.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

See, I'd start with 250k, as that is probably what is already in the guitar. If I had an issue with how that sounded, I might think about switching them.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X