banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which wiring diagram for tele hot lead stack in an Esquire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wiring diagram for tele hot lead stack in an Esquire?

I decided to turn my tele into and Esquire. I ordered a hot lead stack today and am having trouble figuring out which wiring diagram to use. I plan on having a volume and tone with the 3 way blade switch. I saw where the pickup is 4 conductor and am not sure how to use it with the 3 way switch. I never mess with split or different wiring but since I will only have a bridge pickup and need to cover as many tones as I can. I want to have as many tonal options as possible.

Re: Which wiring diagram for tele hot lead stack in an Esquire?

You could use this, but idk how it would sound with a stacked pickup.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Esq_1H_SSP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	5818177
    On mine, I did a modified version of Esquire wiring where its Vol/Vol+Tone/Vol+Cocked Wah mod (pretty easy to find on Google) and I added in a push/pull pot for a tapped single coil.
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Allbutromeo diagram will work. I would suggest the same thing myself.

However if you've got an import switch this diagram will help. The only switches to look out for are the cheap import ones with one pole. But Cortek, Alpha and similar 8 inline 3 way blades are usually fine. To tell a 1 pole switch from a 2. De-solder all the old wires and put the multimeter on the first contact of the switch (1) and then the 5th contact from the top down. If you get a beep this wiring won't work. This is just reassurance of course. Either way I love this wiring
      Last edited by shadowfire90; 02-06-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I’ve got an USA switch on the way. I saw that wiring diagram and figured that might be the one to use. But wasn’t sure since the hot lead is a stacked single coil not a a bucker. I’ve used teles a lot over the years but never tried to do one like this. I had a tapped hot bridge in a tele with a p90 in the neck that only had 3 wires. Being 4 conductor I’m sure I can get some cool sounds and options out of it.

Comment

Maybe you have to swap the green and the black wire to get a decent sound in the third position. Give it a try.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
          X