Rack tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack tuners?

I've got several nice tuners, including the Snark and the TC Electronics. All of which work really well. But dang . . . there's something about those big ole rack mount tuners. (Like the Korg Pitchblack). Probably just eye candy, but I want one. But I also don't want to throw away good money. Do these things offer any functionality that their little brethren don't offer? Anyone use these?

Re: Rack tuners?

I've not used any tuner over the years that wasn't good enough to keep people from throwing stuff at me. I'm sure those kilo buck Peterson units have their uses but just getting through the gig really ain't one of them. At 99 clams the Korg looks cool and doesn't cost more than some stompers. Got a free rack space? What the hell. Can't weigh much either.

Comment

If you really want some sweet eye candy, gonna for the full steak dinner and get a real strobe tuner.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

if i used a rack, i would probably use a rack tuner but alas...

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          If you really want some sweet eye candy, gonna for the full steak dinner and get a real strobe tuner.
          My luthier friend has a bonafide vintage Peterson, should I need one.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          if i used a rack, i would probably use a rack tuner but alas...
          Yeah . . . thanks for bringing me back to my senses. I could use that money for beer.

Comment

Do you have the D’Addario Chromatic pedal tuner? That, and the Eclipse clip on have identical displays and both respond quicker than any other I’ve tried.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I don't. But I'll check it out. To be clear, I'm not wanting for tuners. I just love those giant rack tuner displays.

Comment

The Korg pitchblack rack tuner is exactly the same as the pedal, just with a bigger display.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

That's kinda what I'm going for. Eye candy.

Comment

They make rack strobe tuners. If you are going to do it, do it right. And they look really cool, too.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Peterson? I haven't seen those. I'll "google" it.

Comment

Back in the day, if you didn't have a Sabine Rack tuner -you were a poser
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I love my Korg rack tuner. The large display is easy to see on stage and it has multiple display modes. It blows those old Sabines out of the water, I still have one of those in a pile of stuff in my shop.

Comment

I had one of those Sabine rack tuners and sold it for like $50 in 2004 or so. The display on the Korg is 1000x easier to read, but they don't offer anything over a pedal besides being rack mountable and maybe a slightly bigger display.
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

A rack tuner would be great fixed on a bench. I don't think I'd want to drag out racks to gigs anymore, though.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X