Rack tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rack tuners?

In my teaching studio/workbench, I use a tuner on a laptop called AP Tuner, which is really accurate. It uses the microphone of the laptop.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice. Just downloaded it. I'll check her out.

Comment

Are you into smartphone tuners? The TC polytune app is pretty good.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Of all the tuners I've had, the PolyTune is my favorite but I've since moved on from that. I don't mind clip-on tuners and they have gotten better and better. A few years ago I picked up the Korg Sledgehammer clip-on. It is really accurate, easy to read, has a strobe mode and doesn't take up space on the pedalboard. When on stage, I use the handheld version of it (GA Custom) and feed signal to it from the effects loop send on my amp. Been real happy with it. I don't care if there's not a mute option. I turn my amp's master down when I need to change guitars. A very old school way but I don't want a lot of stuff on the floor out front.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            I use AP Tuner on my iPhone, which is really accurate and easy to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Dammit... another $10 tuner app I’m gonna have to buy.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Dammit... another $10 tuner app I’m gonna have to buy.
                But this will be the last one. I use this more than all of the other apps put together.

Comment

But this will be the last one. I use this more than all of the other apps put together.
                  I’ll buy it, and I’ll use it, and it’ll be the last one... until I see another one

Comment

Uhmmm . . . not so much. I have the hardware TC Polytune. Much more fun. I really don't want Google to know everything I do.

Comment

Have you compared it againt InsTuner? I really like this one, and it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                        Have you compared it againt InsTuner? I really like this one, and it's free.
                        No, but I am curious. I know AP Tuner is accurate to within 1/10 cent, which is more accurate than what I can hear. Plus, the screen doesn't have any unnecessary graphics, and it is really easy to read at a distance.

Comment

While some of these apps look cool, I don't really want to load too much more on my "cheap" phone. I do, on the other hand, like the idea of the bench mount, stationary tuner. I think I'm gonna spring for the Korg. Just as soon as I get 50 other projects out of the way.

Comment

I couldn't imagine using an app for live stuff though.... -when I'm on stage I know nobody can bother me with texts, emails or calls so I play a show I don't want to be near my phone
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I actually use my phone onstage with an app that just displays the time. The screen doesn't go off, and I don't allow alerts through.

Comment

I actually use my phone onstage with an app that just displays the time. The screen doesn't go off, and I don't allow alerts through.
                                It would have to be airplane mode for me.
                                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                                X