No announcement yet.

TELE Duncan Little 59 / 59 NECK SERIES PARALLEL WIRING ONE PUSH PULL TONE POT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TELE Duncan Little 59 / 59 NECK SERIES PARALLEL WIRING ONE PUSH PULL TONE POT

As the title says my tele has a little 59 in the bridge & 59 SH1 neck i would like to wire both to one push pull tone pot for series parallel use but cannot find any diagrams? Thanks!

Re: TELE Duncan Little 59 / 59 NECK SERIES PARALLEL WIRING ONE PUSH PULL TONE POT

i dont think you can use one push/pull (dpdt switch) to do series/parallel for two pups. you'd need a 4pdt push/pull. you can split two pups with a typical p/p since each pup only needs one side of the switch, but series/parallel takes all the contacts

Comment

Re: TELE Duncan Little 59 / 59 NECK SERIES PARALLEL WIRING ONE PUSH PULL TONE POT

Wait, are you trying to do each pickup with its own series parallel switch, or do you want 1 switch to select between one pickup in series with the other, and one pickup in parallel with the other? If you want option A, you would need a 4 conductor 59.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Or are you asking about having the p/p pot to put the bridge pup in series or parallel with the neck pup? That can be done with one p/p. But if you mean to put EACH pup in series or parallel you'd need 2 p/p pots (I've never seen a 4PDT p/p pot).
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
          Or are you asking about having the p/p pot to put the bridge pup in series or parallel with the neck pup? That can be done with one p/p. But if you mean to put EACH pup in series or parallel you'd need 2 p/p pots (I've never seen a 4PDT p/p pot).
          Thanks for your replies ordered s 2nd push pull tone pot for neck. You never know until you ask!!!

Comment

Looking for some help finding a wiring diagram on an alternate 4 way switch wiring for a HS Tele that I am having difficulty finding (maybe not even possible?). I am putting in a Seymour Duncan Little 59 in the Bridge and want the option of series/parallel

What I want…
            Position 1: Bridge HB Series
            Position 2: Bridge HB Parallel
            Position 3: Bridge HB/Neck Single (Stock) Parallel
            Position 4: Neck Single (Stock)

My Tele (2021 Squier Affinity Tele) is pretty thin and might even have trouble using the new lower profile CTS Pots with the circuit board…so I thought I might try to find out if the above is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by kevindirks View Post
              Looking for some help finding a wiring diagram on an alternate 4 way switch wiring for a HS Tele that I am having difficulty finding (maybe not even possible?). I am putting in a Seymour Duncan Little 59 in the Bridge and want the option of series/parallel

What I want…
              Position 1: Bridge HB Series
              Position 2: Bridge HB Parallel
              Position 3: Bridge HB/Neck Single (Stock) Parallel
              Position 4: Neck Single (Stock)

My Tele (2021 Squier Affinity Tele) is pretty thin and might even have trouble using the new lower profile CTS Pots with the circuit board…so I thought I might try to find out if the above is possible.
              I don't think a plain 4-way could do that for you. Then again, I'm no expert especially when it comes to a 4-way.

Certainly could be done with a Superswitch. You'd get a fifth position to play with too.
              Maybe split bridge in parallel with the neck, to sort of approximate classic Tele middle position?

Still, a Superswitch is fairly big - not sure there'd be room for one in your Squier.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
              X