FS: 2009 Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro in Ebony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 2009 Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro in Ebony

For sale is a 2009 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro in Ebony. Great feel to the neck, everything works, no cracks, breaks or anything that will keep you from rocking out. Looks great with the pickguard off but I do have the pickguard and a case for it as well.

It is an 11 year old guitar and it does have a few small dings. Couple on the back of the neck, tiny paint chip on headstock and a few random scratches on the body. Again, not a brand new guitar but when you pick it up to play you won't notice it one bit.

OH GOD FINE! $1200 + shipping!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1787.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	5853457

Name:	IMG_1788.jpg
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	5853458

Name:	IMG_1796.jpg
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	5853459

Below are all the official specs:

Les Paul Traditional Pro Exclusive
    The Les Paul Traditional Pro gives you the to-die-for vintage look and feel of the very first Les Paul Standards. With BurstBucker pickups to replicate the sound of Gibson's original "Patent Applied For" pickups and three classic finishes to choose from, your friends will swear you just cashed in your life's savings to afford this gem. With a slim, comfortable '60s neck, a gorgeous maple top, mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard and luxe details like antique binding and a mother-of-pearl Gibson logo, this guitar is the total package.

Body
    Species
    Each Les Paul Traditional Pro gets its stunning three-dimensional look courtesy of its "bookmatched" maple top. The guitar's tight-grained top fits snugly atop a two-piece mahogany body, and top and body are bonded together with ultra-strong Franklin Titebond 50 glue. This wood combination yields not only a gorgeous exterior but also a specific yet versatile tone that many guitarists have come to demand.

Grade
    This Les Paul's maple top and mahogany body are both Grade A.

Design
    To achieve the Les Paul's desirable "bookmatched" top, a Gibson luthier gathers two pieces of the finest maple, chosen for its grain patterns, and carefully lines them up to achieve the classic center seam look. Once the finishing process is complete the top rim of the guitar is scraped by hand to reveal exquisite antique binding. Beyond the façade, the guitar's interior is treated to Gibson's traditional 9 hole relief to give you enhanced tone and a guitar of manageable weight.

Average Weight
    The average weight of a Les Paul Traditional Pro body is 5.88 lbs.

Tonal Characteristics
    The mahogany body of the Les Paul Traditional Pro cranks out tone that is somewhat soft, but extremely well-balanced, with good grind and bite. It has the potential for good depth, with full (though not super-tight) lows, velvety highs and a slightly compressed response. Its maple cap adds snap, sizzle and sustain. And like a number of Gibsons, the Les Paul's interior has weight relief cavities, which gives you a guitar that is louder acoustically and features increased sustain and resonance.

Color
    The Les Paul Traditional Pro comes in the classically beautiful Vintage Sunburst, Heritage Sunburst, Ebony, Goldtop and Wine Red finishes. This high-gloss lacquer was selected to accentuate the beautiful wood grain patterns of the maple top.

Surface Texture
    The 90-sheen lacquer finish gives the Les Paul Traditional Pro a sleek surface that's smooth to the touch.

Process
    The Les Paul Traditional Pro is finished by hand in a process that demands several coats and many hours. Unlike a lot of other manufacturers, who settle for a polyurethane finish, Gibson opts for a nitrocellulose finish that will encourage the natural vibration of the instrument for a purer tone. In addition, a nitro finish is very porous and actually gets thinner over time. That way your guitar's wood can breathe and age beautifully.

Neck and Bridge
    In the neck position, the '57 Classic is made to the exact same specs as Gibson's original PAFs, including Alnico II magnets, nickel- or gold-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and vintage-style, two-conductor braided wiring. Additionally, the wiring is poly-coated instead of enamel-coated, which improves consistency by eliminating thin or thick spots on the wire. They are also wax potted, which removes all internal air space and any chance of microphonic feedback. In the bridge position, the BurstBucker 3 provides historically accurate PAF tone with two slightly overwound coils, creating a raw, airy tone packed with enough punch to cut through any mix.
    Coil Tapping
    The bridge and neck pickups can each be split via their own push/pull switch on the volume knob to achieve a single-coil tone. This coil-tapping function allows you to instantly achieve brighter, snappier tones from this humbucker-loaded guitar, to replicate the sounds of other classic guitars equipped with single-coil pickups, and to return to the Les Paul Traditional Pro's thick, warm, powerful, full-humbucking tone at the push of a knob.

Wire Material
    The wire used in both the neck and bridge pickup is made of enamel.

Coil Material
    The coil of each pickup is made from ABS plastic, which is hard and durable and can withstand a broad range of temperatures.

Pole Piece Material
    The pole pieces inside each pickup are made from either nickel or gold.

Pole Piece Position From Nut
    In the neck pickup, the pole pieces are positioned 18.16" from the nut, while the pole pieces in the bridge pickup are positioned 23.56" from the nut.

Magnet Position From Nut
    The Alnico 2 magnet in the '57 Classic is positioned 19" from the nut, while the Alnico 2 in the Burstbucker 3 is positioned 23.19" from the nut.

Tonal Characteristics
    These uncovered Burstbucker pickups replicate the sound of Gibson's original "Patent Applied For" pickups. You'll get warm, full tone with a balanced response, packing that classic Gibson PAF humbucker crunch.

Volume Control
    The Les Paul Traditional Pro features two Gold Top Hat volume controls with potentiometers made by CTS. The pots (short for potentiometer) have an ohm reading of 500k, which allows for a smooth variation from soft to loud.

Tone Control
    The Les Paul Traditional Pro features two Gold Top Hat tone control knobs with a potentiometer made by CTS. The pot has an ohm reading of 500k, which is the highest value for a panel pot, and provides a very smooth transition between highs and lows.

Toggle Switch
    The Les Paul Traditional Pro features one three-way toggle switch made of stainless steel and adorned with a crème cap and a crème washer. This switch acts as the instrument's pickup selector. In the down position, only the bridge pickup is active. In the middle position, both pickups are active. In the up position, only the neck pickup is active.

Output Jack
    The Les Paul Traditional Pro features a 1⁄4" output jack made by Switchcraft. Its super heavy duty construction holds your guitar cable securely in place. The jack is offset by an aluminum jack plate.

Tuning Keys
    The headstock of the Les Paul Traditional Pro is equipped with chrome-plated Grover Locking Keystone tuning keys. With a gear ratio of 14:1, these tuners deliver precision tuning in a durable housing that provides maximum protection for the gear and string post. All moving parts are cut for exact meshing, eliminating the possibility of slippage, with a special lubricant inside the gear box for smooth and accurate tuning stability.

Bridge
    In 1954, Gibson rocked the world when it debuted the tune-o-matic bridge, setting a standard for simplicity and functionality that has never been surpassed. Included on the Les Paul Traditional Pro, the tune-o-matic provides a firm seating for the strings, allowing the player to adjust and fine-tune the intonation and string height in a matter of minutes. It also yields a great union between the strings and body, which results in excellent tone and sustain. The bridge on this Les Paul is made from Zamak then plated with Chrome, and each one weighs approximately .11 lbs.

Tailpiece
    Every Tune-o-matic bridge is combined with a separate "stopbar" tailpiece, which is essentially a modified version of the earlier wraparound bridge that's designed to further enhance the connection between the strings and the body. The stopbar tailpiece on this Les Paul is made from Zamak then plated with Chrome, and each one weighs approximately .24lbs.

Strap Buttons
    The Les Paul's aluminum strap buttons are the same style and design that Gibson has used since the early 1950s.
    Last edited by blakejcan; 03-18-2020, 09:09 AM.

Re: FS: 2009 Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro in Ebony

To the top! Make me an offer so I don't have to pay Reverb fees.

Comment

I had one just like that and it was a fantastic guitar

Comment

Please make me an offer

I’d trade plus cash for a Gibson or Gretsch hollowbody or semi-hollow

Comment

NEW PRICE!

Comment

The gas is strong with this one. And I even have a 6120 I’m not using.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              The gas is strong with this one. And I even have a 6120 I’m not using.
              You should make an offer

Comment

price change bumpy

Comment

I can't believe you haven't sold this already. I have one in tobacco sunburst. Such great Les Pauls. Whoever gets it will be very happy with it.

Comment

Damn fine looking LP and (IMHO) a bargain at the price.
                    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                    1988 Kramer Nightswan
                    1989 Charvel Sambora
                    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful guitar. I love a black Standard. If I didn't already have an '04 Standard with the same type of weight relief, I might just bite. Good luck.
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Yogi Berra was correct.
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

thanks for the kind words. I don't blame people for not buying much right now given the state of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
                          thanks for the kind words. I don't blame people for not buying much right now given the state of the world.
                          Yes, your price is more than fair. I think timing is the problem. It’s a tough time to buy or sell anything. That’s one nice guitar though, someone is looking for one like it. The right buyer will come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Someone had to break, I've been on the edge for a while, if it wasn't for everything else going to he!! I would probably be playing it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X