Orpheo Guitars Tele Thinline Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orpheo Guitars Tele Thinline Deluxe

A guitar I have wanted to own, and now just make: a tele with a deluxe PG, widerange buckers AND thinline. And binding. And split block MoP/Abalone inlay. And exotic multlam neck.

OK, enough talk:

Some specs.
    *Figured walnut top.
    *Flamed ash back
    *Sycamore pickguard
    *Ziricote/purpleheart/maple neck
    *Macassar ebony fretboard w. Maple binding
    *25.5" scale, 10"-14" conical radius, 22 frets
    *Pearl/Abalone split block inlay
    *Mojo pickups Widerange Humbuckers
    *Hipshot bridge and tuners

Re: Orpheo Guitars Tele Thinline Deluxe

Beautiful guitar sir, you make some really great looking instruments.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Mmm I'm likeing that
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Beautiful!

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Just... I mean... Damn...

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
          "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Binding?

Nice work, as usual.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              Binding?
              On the neck.

How do you like the sound of the walnut? I bought some a couple years ago thinking it would sound similar to mahogany, but then read it sounds more like maple and never used it even though I love the way it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                On the neck.

How do you like the sound of the walnut? I bought some a couple years ago thinking it would sound similar to mahogany, but then read it sounds more like maple and never used it even though I love the way it looks.
                Yup, the fretboard is bound in maple.

Walnut is a weird wood. It has a bit of the warmth of mahogany, a bit of brightness of maple. I tend to use it in guitars that feature a very hard back, like this one (ash), to get a bit more warmth and emphasise the wood-y character of the hollowbody. Or, on black korina to make it a really, really warm sounding guitar with just enough bite in the top end.

Comment

That might be the best looking piece of ash that I've ever seen on a guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                    That might be the best looking piece of ash that I've ever seen on a guitar.
                    I have had three more like this and my wood supplier has sold me almost all of them. No more, helas. Ash of this quality is unfortunately very hard to find, or so I've been told. And yes it's truly ash: the smell told me so. And the tone too.

To be honest, I find ash to be one of the best body woods around. I've build four guitars with all the same parts, only the back was different. maple top, ebony board, rosewood neck. Backs were real mahogany, ash, white limba and sapele. Ash sounded the best, hands down. Sapele came in a close second and mahogany and white limba were tied for third place. But that's just how I want my LP's to sound like: open, clear, a bit on the bright side (original fifty LP's were also fairly bright) but with a bit of warmth and tightness in the low end. Sapele is a bit warmer and less aggressive than ash and mahogany and limba sounded the 'sweetest'. Warm, more roar than scream.

Comment

Working...
                    X