Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Complaints regarding Duncan products

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    It's not a hypothesis, it's EU consumer law. The vendor has the obligation to ensure the product is functioning properly, not the manufacturer (unless the manufacturer has sold directly to the consumer of course).
    How in this case? By testing the pickups beforehand?

What possible scenario do you think that would render the pickups defective since they are sitting on the shelf the whole time (I have had pickups sent in makeshift cardboard package no problem). And again, how in the world should Thomann determine if the pickups are working properly without breaking the seal?

I know you have a working relationship with SD and your opinion is biased (and Thomann is German ), but right now you are being ridiculous.

Comment

i dont think he is saying that thomann did anything to break the pup, just that they need to make it right for the customer then deal with duncan. the customer shouldnt have to deal with duncan at all.

as far as the pup, the readings you are getting are pretty odd. im curious to see what you get once you are back

Comment

I'm thinking there is a problem with the wiring at the p/p pot. A short or cold joint, or too much solder blob shorting to another lug or even internally in the switch. In any case, I still don't think there is anything wrong with the pup, just the tech.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Yeah, back-to-back issues sounds more like a wiring/tech problem than a pickup manufacturer problem. I have my suspicions

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
            How in this case? By testing the pickups beforehand?

What possible scenario do you think that would render the pickups defective since they are sitting on the shelf the whole time (I have had pickups sent in makeshift cardboard package no problem). And again, how in the world should Thomann determine if the pickups are working properly without breaking the seal?

I know you have a working relationship with SD and your opinion is biased (and Thomann is German ), but right now you are being ridiculous.
            I fear you are misconstruing my words.

Jeremy is interpreting my words correctly. To quote him: 'just that they need to make it right for the customer then deal with duncan. the customer shouldn't have to deal with duncan at all'.

That is exactly the gist of what I was saying. Thomann is required by law to sell to the consumer a proper product and if that proves to not be the case, they have to rectify that problem, not the manufacturer (unless the manufacturer is the seller, for example like Aristides or Kiesel or Bareknuckle, who all sell directly to the consumer). .

So, if the pickup sold by Thomann was broken directly out of the factory, or it broke during transit, it doesn't matter: the consumer has a broken product sold to him by Thomann so Thomann has to either replace it, refund it or repair it. Since repairing a pickup is way outside of Thomann's forté, it will have to be either refunded or replaced. The fact that SD might have made a screw-up (can't say that with 100% certainty since I do not have the pickup right here in my hands but I can assume it was their mistake) should not matter to the seller/consumer relationship.

Comment

Since the pandemic struck, I've been working from home, and since rehearsals on my band are still on hold, so i decided to take a chance a get a,new Little 59, and dropped my LTD MH-1000HS at my tech, so it was indeed a faulty pickup I had earlier. The new one works flawlessly both in series and parallel wiring.

Completely fogot to ask the values he was getting before, though...

Side note: got the pickup again from Thomann. Too bad for me the first one was a dud, but sometimes that can happen, even on a quality brand as SD.

Faith restored!
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

glad things got sorted out!

Comment

I am happy it turned out ok in the end!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X