Analog Amp Simulator DI Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Analog Amp Simulator DI Units

I've used good Behringer stuff before, but it generally stuff that they didn't steal from others...more original designs. I still buy those used, though, as I don't want to give $ to that company.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
      Yes, the Rockman was the first, I remember when they all came out. The Rockman was cool in it's day, the latest versions are pretty much just practice headphone amps, the Tech 21 stuff is way more versatile, unless of course, you are looking for a headphone amp.
      Actually, I'd be very happy if Jim Dunlop would take the Rockman Ace family, make the circuit quieter and make them into pedals. Maybe add EQ and additional outputs? An instrument level XLR and TS out, with a defeat button for the cabinet simulation would make them more versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by rbc View Post
        Actually, I'd be very happy if Jim Dunlop would take the Rockman Ace family, make the circuit quieter and make them into pedals. Maybe add EQ and additional outputs? An instrument level XLR and TS out, with a defeat button for the cabinet simulation would make them more versatile.
        I'll add that for the guitar pedal, it could have a voicing switch to go between the Guitar Ace and Metal Ace voicing. That way, you'd only need the one pedal for both.

Comment

I decided to pick up the Palmer unit for this round:

Click image for larger version

Name:	palmer-pocket-amp-mk2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	5818368

The accessory-in and headphone-out were the deciding factor. I'll just have to see if Jim Dunlop does something new with their Rockman IP. I already have multiple Ace family units. On the other hand, I'll surely be owning the Tech 21 GT2 soon. I'll be wasting the Palmer unit XLR output if I add TS input effects after it.

Comment

Working...
          X