No announcement yet.

Blu77! Blu77! Blugrrrrrrr! Blugger Hut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu77! Blu77! Blugrrrrrrr! Blugger Hut!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200211_184036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	5853477

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200211_184612.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	5853478Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200211_184256.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	5853479

100 watts 4 channel nano tube amp.
    Bluguitar Iridium
    What an amp. Geared for metal but is really good at much more.
    Clean very nice, super sparkly to nice dirty clean. Easy to change with the tone knob on the side.
    Vintage nice channel lives up to the vintage British sound. Good dirty for blues up to maybe classic 70's rock
    Classic channel, the manual says Brown sound and yep true.
    Modern. So much gain. So much.
    All channels seem very articulate and clear.
    On the side there is a knob to control the built in boost, a volume and tone knob for the modern and classic channels also a Tone knob for the clean channel. Tone knobs really shifts the sound of the channels A switch to change fx loop from series to parallel. And a switch for the noise gate.

Back 100-240 volt power 16 and 8 ohm speaker record/headphone fx loop.

Built in reverb. Hold the reverb button down when turning on the amp and you can have a factory preset for each gain channel.
    Left foot button toggles between clean and whatever gain channel you have the channel select knob turned to. Middle button engaged the boost. The right on is for reverb.
    I went to the big city to buy a marshall but this was so much better.

Corrected some auto correct corrections. Hopefully got them all corrected correctly.
    Last edited by PS412; 02-12-2020, 10:15 AM.

Re: Blu77! Blu77! Blugrrrrrrr! Blugger Hut!

Those look awesome, very tempting!

Comment

One that concentrated on clean to mid-gain would be awesome. I am currently using a Tech 21 Fly Rig for that.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Milder stuff. Much better quality recording than I could provide.

Comment

Modern channel

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            One that concentrated on clean to mid-gain would be awesome. I am currently using a Tech 21 Fly Rig for that.
            Check out the AMP1 Mercury Edition. I saw couple of reviews and the EQ is very sensitive (ala Tech 21) to get almost any amp sound. This video is a good representation on how to use the eq: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r38JpDFwecE

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
              Check out the AMP1 Mercury Edition. I saw couple of reviews and the EQ is very sensitive (ala Tech 21) to get almost any amp sound. This video is a good representation on how to use the eq: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r38JpDFwecE
              Ahh, that sounds really nice!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Sounds like you would like the original version, discontinued, but there are still a lot out there, I think Sweetwater still has some new ones.

Last edited by devastone; 02-12-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

The customer at the store that pointed me to this spoke highly of both the original and mercury edition. Said he has the mercury edition.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like they Mercury edition is replacing the original, not real clear what the differences are though.

Comment

From Music Radar review: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/b...ercury-edition
                      "The revoiced Mercury Edition definitely extends the range of the original Amp1, without travelling too far from the original sounds, which were already superb."
                      "Again, all three drive channels have been revoiced, with a tighter response, particularly so on the Modern channel, which can really punch through, especially with the noise gate running."

I saw Saga in Montreal last fall and Ian Crichton was using one. Sounded amazing.

Comment

Year old thread bump, but what do you think now that the honeymoon is over? I'm seriously considering an Iridium or Mercury.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                          Year old thread bump, but what do you think now that the honeymoon is over? I'm seriously considering an Iridium or Mercury.
                          Oh yeah, it's a very enjoyable amp. I still have it. Sound wise I spend most of my time in classic and modern and it brings the hammer. The clean and vintage are as good but I'm not there to often. The built in noise gate is a nice feature, I use the hard ( metal ) setting and it is pretty quick to close.
                          I won't speak to much about the boost or reverb, I don't ever use them when I play so they work but I really can't compare to any others.
                          I like its portability when I have left the house with it.
                          One thing I wish is that you good switch between all the channels, maybe there is a footswitch that does that. The amp itself will only give you clean and the one selected gain channel, no gain to other gain.
                          Try one out, I am happy I bought it. It can cover mucho groundo in my opinion.
                          And if anyone cares Iridium is #77 on the periodical table.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
                            One thing I wish is that you good switch between all the channels, maybe there is a footswitch that does that. The amp itself will only give you clean and the one selected gain channel, no gain to other gain.
                            Try one out, I am happy I bought it. It can cover mucho groundo in my opinion.
                            And if anyone cares Iridium is #77 on the periodical table.
                            According to the manual you can program the 3 footswitches to be different channels or you can by add a 2 button footswitch and get all 4 channels + boost.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well there you have it. I need to get a footswitch, or maybe read the manual. I never read the manual for Sweedish furniture, maybe I got cocky on this Gerrrrman stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X