Silver Lake --- suggestions for next update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Lake --- suggestions for next update

I don't know if anyone from SD frequents these forums ... I'm hoping someone from SD will see this post.

I own a Silver Lake reverb pedal and a Dark Sun delay pedal. The Silver Lake has a couple of goofy glitches that I hope they might release an update to correct.

So the first "glitch" is the most important one. On the Silver Lake you don't get any numeric readout when you change values on any of the lower row of four knobs (the Dark Sun displays these values and it's really helpful to see what value you have set the parameter to) The Silver Lake only displays values for the top two knobs (Decay and Pre Delay) and nothing is displayed for Grit, Damp, Tweak or Mix (the lower row of 4 knobs). Those values are stored when you save the patch, they just aren't displayed. And on the Dark Sun all those values get displayed as you change them.

The second glitch is just a tiny bit annoying. Normally, when you call up a patch it will display the patch (for example 2b) and when you change any parameter the patch number adds a "dot" (2.b) to indicate the patch has been edited and not saved. Then when you save the patch the dot disappears to indicate it has been saved. But on the Silver Lake - with everything at factory setting (you can do a factory reset) - many of the patches have a "dot" indicating they have been edited and not saved. Do a full factory reset and those same patches still show the dot. Now I can work around this by just going thru all the patches and saving every patch that shows a dot and the saving of the patch will remove the dot and then it all works normally until you reset or restore the factory patches.

Am I the only person here with a Silver Lake? It's a great sounding pedal! Hope someone from SD will chime in.

Re: Silver Lake --- suggestions for next update

Great ideas!
    I would also post them here, as those go directly to the people who need to read them.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for that link. I wasn't aware of it before. I've signed in and left the suggestions. Thanks again!

Comment

I have a Silver Lake, and I haven't used it to anywhere near its potential! I just have a room reverb, and a shimmer reverb set up with my current rig. I really should play with it more. I did find saving patches a bit hit and miss with the small buttons though.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
          I have a Silver Lake, and I haven't used it to anywhere near its potential! I just have a room reverb, and a shimmer reverb set up with my current rig. I really should play with it more. I did find saving patches a bit hit and miss with the small buttons though.
          It is a little intimidating at first as there is really a lot going on and most of the factory presets are WAY too wet for playing in a band situation. What is fun is to pick one of the really wet and interesting factory patches and setup the dynamic expression to control MIX with a SOFT setting. Then play hard and soft while adjusting the overall mix knob and the dynamic knob and you can get it so you can play a fast lick that isn't buried and washed out in reverb but then as the last note of the lick dies down (or anytime you pause for a second in your playing) the ambiance comes up to fill in the spaces.

The trick to saving patches (for me) is to practice hitting both buttons simultaneously with the tips of index and middle finger on same hand (it's tempting to use pointer finger from each hand - but that never works for me - much better to use one hand) ... then if saving to same patch number just repeat the index/middle press of both buttons simultaneously -- or change to the patch number you want to save it to and then double press. One problem I have found --- maybe someone here knows the answer --- if you don't want to save it and you already pressed both buttons (it's flashing waiting for you to save) there is no way to cancel or back out. You either have to save the patch somewhere or unplug the power cable ... if anyone knows of a key combination to cancel out, I'd love to hear it.
          Last edited by AndyPanda; 02-15-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X