• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson Super 57

Super 57 great pickup I like it better then the Duncan 78

Comment

I have one in a Les Paul Traditional Pro II. It sounds very good!
      Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
      "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
        Gibson 57 classic plus 5400 winds Gibson Super 57(4 conductor version) 5750 winds
        Care to provide a link to these specs? Something doesn't seem right.

/Peter
        Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
        Kolding, Denmark

Comment

I called Gibson they explained

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
            I called Gibson they explained
            That's exactly the issue: if the person you talked to was getting the info from their internal document database, to give an idea, half of the info is wrong and the other half is simply not true.

When they used to publish the p'up specs with number of turns, DC readings and other details, I've many times reported the most blatant and obvious errors, even though I got an e-mail notification about the issue, they've never correct'em. I've seen many times the same p'up having different specs in different instruments. (most probably simply clerical errors, but none of the webmasters I've talked to since 2016 was a musician, let alone play guitar or even know the differences between an electric guitar and a kite)

TBH, the Duncan site, after the 2015 debacle is just slightly better than Gibson's, but not a whole lot, I'm afraid.

Frank Falbo offered to put everything back as it was, Cathy refused to do it, as she burned the budget on the failed site project and never considered correct info of having any actual value.

/Peter
            Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
            Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Working...
            X