New speaker day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New speaker day

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Celestion blue. It sounds so natural! I left the other Celestion V type in there and it sounds great to have 2 different speakers. Also a quality demo of my favorite ax with the custom shop 12k Phat Cat bridge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fav ax.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	5853482

Click image for larger version

Name:	Celestion blue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	5853483
    Last edited by Clint 55; 02-13-2020, 04:16 PM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: New speaker day

those are great speakers no doubt! careful with the 15w rating, dont wanna blow up an expensive toy

Comment

Yes indeedy! I mostly use the Peavey on 1 watt.
      I bought them for you

Comment

It should sound great with that amp.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Yas
          I bought them for you

Comment

Clint, can you describe the advantages and disadvantages or preferences of both the Alnico Blue and V Type?

Since you have both side by side -as I have no Alnico speakers in any rigs presently.

I have Celestion Ceramic 60W V30s, Ceramic 50W V Types, and Ceramic 25W Greenbacks and some Non Alnico Jenson and Eminence speakers currently.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The alnico one is really smooth and natural. It's like I can hear the guitar exactly. The top is slightly rounded like if I had a small tone cap with the tone on 9. The ceramic one has ice pick on the top and seems to accentuate the Fender amp sound. Also, the alnico's mids sound nice and pillowy while the ceramic one's mids sound more defined and gritty. They both sound great but the alnico one is slightly mellower and more natural. I'm for sure gonna stick with both of them.
              Last edited by Clint 55; 02-13-2020, 03:05 PM.
              I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                The alnico one is really smooth and natural. It's like I can hear the guitar exactly. The top is slightly rounded like if I had a small tone cap with the tone on 9. The ceramic one has ice pick on the top and seems to accentuate the Fender amp sound. Also, the alnico's mids sound nice and pillowy while the ceramic one's mids sound more defined and gritty. They both sound great but the alnico one is slightly mellower and more natural. I'm for sure gonna stick with both of them.
                I like my V types, but my favorite is my Greenbacks -however -the Greenbacks are totally played in after decades so their mellow smooth breakup is different than if I bought new -so not quite fair.

I have one cabinet with a brand new V type and I'll agree the high gain brings out a top end sharpness that I roll off by backing off the presence and the high sensitivity gain input control.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

It's nice! Worth the $$ to me.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Ooh, wait until the blue plays in fully. Loved mine in the AC30. So much so, that my custom Whitney has Eminence Red Fang as its stock speaker!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                      Ooh, wait until the blue plays in fully. Loved mine in the AC30. So much so, that my custom Whitney has Eminence Red Fang as its stock speaker!

huh?

you loved the blue alnico celestion so much you bought an eminence ?

elaborate please
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Man, I've wanted to try an Alnico Celestion for the longest time, but I've only come across 8 ohm versions here locally. I really want to hear how Alnicos handle high-gain. Greenbacks do quite well, which is something you probably wouldn't expect.

Comment

Mixing speakers is my favorite!
                          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            huh?

you loved the blue alnico celestion so much you bought an eminence ?

elaborate please
                            Not much to the decision, really - I already had a couple of Eminence speakers and had been impressed, so that’s why I went with them for the Whitney. The blues had been stock with the AC30.

It’s possible to love (or, more accurately, find enjoyable tonality) in both things - and, rarely for guitar forums, I don’t hold strong opinions on many things [emoji3]

Comment

If I like something
                              I generally get something different just for spite

Keeps it interesting

I'm wit cha
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X