banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck is this? Gibson Bill Lawrence "Tarback" PAF Super-Humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What the heck is this? Gibson Bill Lawrence "Tarback" PAF Super-Humbucker?

Yeah that diagram shows the blades shorter than the bobbin height so I think they are decoupled directly from the bottom magnets. It must be like airing the poles. Then the purpose of the magnet on top is to complete or redirect things?

Comment

Let us know if the pickup doesn’t work and you plan on tearing it apart because I’d like to see pictures of it disassembled lol.

Comment

LOL! Hopefully it works, ha ha! If the pickup arrives broken, I'm getting a refund, not pulling it apart!

If you notice, some parts on that diagram are not drawn to scale. The bobbins, for instance, are so big that only one could fit under the cover pictured! So, who knows what the internals really look like at scale.

Comment

Even this was from Friday... I looked and my mind just said “Iommi”. Thanks for detailing it, I look forward to your impressions.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X