Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSS setup Seymour JB in the bridge position and two STK-S7

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    Technically, you don't need the super 5-way with the STK's either. You can still auto-split the #2 and #4 positions with a standard 5-way. You'd simply wire the middle pups red wire to ground. That would, of course, mean it wouldn't be hum-cancelling in the "middle-only" position. But you wouldn't have that with an SSL series either.
    Technically correct but it would not make sense to me to buy a more expensive stacked single coil to wire it as true single coil.
    Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
      The stacks come with an extra wire that lets you 'coil split' them, like run them in true single coil mode and eliminate the dummy coil. So the middle is RWRP in case you want that, so that you can have true single coil in your in-between positions and still have hum cancelling.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
      There is no STK-S7 middle.

Comment

Originally posted by grani79 View Post
        Yes, but it's another model I would like to use a STK-S7 with more output than STK-S4m in the middle position.
        I had a STK-S7 in the neck of my Strat but didn't like it: it was dark (in comparison to other guitars I have), E/A strings were too boomy for my taste and it was overpowering my Screamin Demon bridge. No surprise as it was designed as a bridge pickup.
        Bought a STK-S4, moved the STK-S7 in the bridge and now it shines.
        Never got a JB, but if your JB is dark than a STK-S7 might work in the neck as they will match and you will EQ your sound accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          Technically correct but it would not make sense to me to buy a more expensive stacked single coil to wire it as true single coil.
          Yeah, and I get that. But in general terms, if someone wanted to buy a "set", or preserve future options, it's do-able.

Comment

Working...
          X