No announcement yet.

My new Baby Plexi (Marshall SV20C) amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Baby Plexi (Marshall SV20C) amp.

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    My amp guy last night said the same thing, the Webber's larger magnet will keep the the low end together more effectively.
    Keep suggesting the WGS ET 10 for a reason. I ran 2/10 Fender Prosonic combos for years and now am running the 1/10 Boogie Subway, the ET 10 is the best sounding 10 under gain I have used. Is it just like having a 12 no but it is the biggest roundest and tightest 10 I have used.
    Here is the info from WGS on the speaker.
    The ET10 is the 10” version of one of our most popular speakers: the ET65. The ET10 boasts a tone reminiscent of its 12” counterpart but with a bit more of a pronounced midrange. The low end from this 10 is surprisingly heady but remains tight in all situations. Top it off with a smooth but articulate top end, and you
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

that weber i mentioned is really nice, still very british sounding to not stray from the classic marshall tones. big magnet, like 40w power handling i think, big voice coil, nice cone, pretty efficient, doesnt fart out, good top end without being shrill... it ticks all the boxes for me. havent tried the et10 but ive heard good things

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
        Keep suggesting the WGS ET 10 for a reason. I ran 2/10 Fender Prosonic combos for years and now am running the 1/10 Boogie Subway, the ET 10 is the best sounding 10 under gain I have used. Is it just like having a 12 no but it is the biggest roundest and tightest 10 I have used.
        Here is the info from WGS on the speaker.
        https://wgsusa.com/et10
        my trust is building with you sir... lol
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Thanks for all the input

So I have a 70W 12" Celestion V Type -that when driven by a Bassman or Deluxe is super tight and just slightly scoopy -I'm going to do a test today and drive the 12" directly and see if the bass gets loose above 80% drive from the plexi -this way I'll know if it's the speaker size/rating or the plexi circuit changing characteristics once in the very red.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
          X