SEYMOUR DUNCAN PERPETUAL BURN VS DIMARZIO AT 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEYMOUR DUNCAN PERPETUAL BURN VS DIMARZIO AT 1

hello guys how do these pickups compare? I look for an 80s hair metal tone like a JB but more smooth and articulate or which pickup you recommend

Re: SEYMOUR DUNCAN PERPETUAL BURN VS DIMARZIO AT 1

Well, 80s hair metal isn't smooth to me, but for articulate, look at the Full Shred.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Doesn't seem that the Full Shred gets talked about much and that doesn't mean that it doesn't have any merit.

One of my guitars is a Stratothing which I've owned about for about 4 or 5 months and it has the following pickups: SSL-6 / SSL-6 / Full Shred. So this is the basis for my opinion.

On the Full Shred, I have to agree with admin. In this guitar, it is a smooth pickup and rolls down nicely with both the volume and tone controls. Yes, it can do some softer chords and blues. The main thing I like about this pickup is that the bass and treble is balanced and plays nicely with the SSL-6's.

Lastly, I would much rather have a Full Shred rather than the JB.
      That is not dead which can eternal lie,
      And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

I'll take the PB over the JB any day, and even over the AT-1. I have the PB in my Warmoth Frankenstrat. It's the only pickup with a push-pull pot. I will tell you this, the PB is FAT and very sensitive to height adjustment. It can be smooth. I love the articulation and sustain with it. The high string notes stay fat too. And split, one of the best humbuckers I've used split. Very strat-like and has a little extra bite to it. It's one of my favorite Duncans.

Comment

Mind you, I don't play live, and I don't play metal, but for articulate clean and powerful . . . it's hard to beat the PB. It beat my CS El Diablo out of 1st place in my Peavey Rockmaster. (Single bridge humbucker axe.)
          It's a "can't go wrong" pickup.
          I have no experience with the DMZ AT1. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Well, 80s hair metal isn't smooth to me, but for articulate, look at the Full Shred.

I already tried full shred but I didn't like is not have a mid range for me

Comment

what do you think of bkp rebel yell and holy diver?

Comment

Had it been around way back I think the P/S combo would've been very popular in 80's rock-metal.

Progressive metal players rejoice! The Pegasus humbucker delivers the perfect blend of articulation and aggression with its Alnico V magnet and medium output wind.

Comment

Originally posted by maestroberetta View Post
                  I already tried full shred but I didn't like is not have a mid range for me
                  Adding more mids would be the Perpetual Burn, certainly. There are more modern pickups like the Alt 8 as well.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The stock JB with a UOA5 mag swap is a thing of beauty. Smooths it right out, adds clarity and retains nice mids.

Both of the pickups you inquired about are great for what you're after.

Personally, I like the AT-1 I have a lot, though I de-aired it (got rid of the plastic spacers that hold the magnet away from the poles and put in a metal spacer [trimmed allen key] so everything makes contact)

Comment

The AT-1 is my favorite pup at the moment. Have one in my PRS and also
                      in my Charvel San Dimas. You pretty much described it in you original
                      post. It’s very articulate and the mids are lower mid based. If you take
                      the JB and shift that awful upper mid spike to lower frequencies and
                      smooth out the rough edges, you have the AT-1. I love Andy’s tone
                      and there’s a reason this is his signature pup. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                        The stock JB with a UOA5 mag swap is a thing of beauty. Smooths it right out, adds clarity and retains nice mids.

Both of the pickups you inquired about are great for what you're after.

Personally, I like the AT-1 I have a lot, though I de-aired it (got rid of the plastic spacers that hold the magnet away from the poles and put in a metal spacer [trimmed allen key] so everything makes contact)
                        why didn't you like air technology?

Comment

Not remotely close. If you want a jb without the ill manners, at1 is that in spades. Pb is nothing like a jb. It doesn't have the mids or vocal sound, and it is raging bright, with an attack like a hammer striking a metal plate. I put rough a2 in to tame it.

Comment

DiMarzio Super Distortion?

B
                            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
                            X