I'm a simple man with a simple pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a simple man with a simple pedalboard

So I finally got everything together.It's really a no frills metal board: gnarly distortion with noisegate and delay for leads. Fun fact: I've just realized that with the exception of the Voodoo, everything on the board (board included) is second hand. I also tweaked the NS-2 to make the gating faster, more "choppier".I'm happy with how it turned out, both look and sound-wise. It will get a slight upgrade though beacuse I found a place today that sells Mogami cables in bulk for a very low price and I ordered some. Once it arrives I will re-cable the whole thing with that. I'm sure it's overkill for a bedroom hero like myself, but I'll do it anyways, because I can. :P

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200215_192056_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	5853491

Name:	IMG_20200215_192120_8.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	5853492

Re: I'm a simple man with a simple pedalboard

Sweet setup. If you ever want to add another pedal to that Nano+ you can get Pedaltrain's Volto rechargeable power supply. I have the Nano+ pedalboard with the Volto attached underneath it with some velcro. Works great.

Comment

Looks great -let me give you an idea for a cool variation...

Buy a Strymon Ojai style power supply and it will mount underneath a Nano board -giving you room for another pedal or two.

Look at the second pic -I run redundant supplies underneath.

Name:	Road rig - Copy (2).jpg
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	5810970
      Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-15-2020, 03:16 PM.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

What effect is the Hammet pedal?
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          What effect is the Hammet pedal?
          It's the Dark Blood, but some sort of special edition. I believe it wav only available in Europe and came in this sparly red color and with a "spare" backplate signed by Kirk (cool thing to have, but couldn't care less). Got it used in mint condition for around half/third of the MSRP. It's a damn good one, but not almost 300 euro good...

On a another note, I might enter Aceman's GASers Anonymus - just bought a Digitech Obscura Delay... So the Digidelay will reitre to the B-team. Kinda sad, I like it, but the Obscura seems to be a whole new level.

Comment

There is a lot to be said for git'r dun!

I like it. Nice mod on the gate!
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              Looks great -let me give you an idea for a cool variation...

Buy a Strymon Ojai style power supply and it will mount underneath a Nano board -giving you room for another pedal or two.

Look at the second pic -I run redundant supplies underneath.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]94878[/ATTACH]
              Also, Nexion, look at my pic closely -I added thicker rubber feet (about 1/8" taller) so the Ojai's don't touch the stage, and also so my pedal board is stickier on stage and doesn't slide ever.

This pedalboard of mine usual stays back at my amps or on the side stage -I have another that is in front of me at the mic stand.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Nice mod on the gate!
                Yeah, that's something I really enjoyed doing... At first I was quite bummed, because the NS-2 acted weird: the gate would open so slowly/gradually, that when I started to play from a totally silent situation, the first note/chord would have this really annoying fade-in effect on it (and of course it would close quite slowly too for my liking). Turned out that the pedal just doesn't take the high gain/high output distortion pedals well. A compressor seemed to solve the issue, but I just didn't like the idea of having one more pedal just to make a dang noise suppressor work, so I was like "Imma make this mofo work, no matter what!". So started digging for info and I found a guy on yootoob doing a walkthrough of NS-2 mods. All I had to do was to swap a cap in C19 (I believe) position on the PCB. The guy also suggested jumping some resistors, but the result was totally fine after lowering that one cap value and I just left it like that. Fast gating, no fadeins and no hissing dirt pedal.
                Last edited by nexion218; 02-19-2020, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  Also, Nexion, look at my pic closely -I added thicker rubber feet (about 1/8" taller) so the Ojai's don't touch the stage, and also so my pedal board is stickier on stage and doesn't slide ever.

This pedalboard of mine usual stays back at my amps or on the side stage -I have another that is in front of me at the mic stand.
                  I've thought about doing something like that! Actually I've seen a guy post a few pics where he modded the legs on the side facing away from you. He put in a screw which had a ball-joint at the end and the rubber feet were popped onto the joint, that way making it possible to lift/tilt the back end of the board and still keeping its feet flush. That's really something that I might do, because the VooDoo is a keeper as I bought it (amongst a few other stuff) from my Mother's last paycheck which she sadly never got around to spend. It wasn't a huge sum and I figured I'd do something else with it than spend it on bread, beer and gasoline. But thanks for the tips though!

Comment

So many ignore/disregard the importance of the noise gate in getting Pantera tones
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      So many ignore/disregard the importance of the noise gate in getting Pantera tones
                      Remember those Hush pedals? Everybody had one in the 90s

Comment

Working...
                      X