banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking-in guitar speaker, What difference does it makes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking-in guitar speaker, What difference does it makes?

Originally posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
    My Vintage 30s are warmer and smoother sounding than my greenbacks. When I read about V30s being harsh and too bright, however, I remember they were indeed that way during the first year.
    There are like 4795749547594 different versions of V30's too. Some of them are smoother than others by design, regardless of break in time. Current Chinese ones are definitely brighter than old MIE ones or Mesa exclusives. Not to say they're worse, but they're definitely spikier, even once you break them in.

Comment

Re: Breaking-in guitar speaker, What difference does it makes?

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      There are like 4795749547594 different versions of V30's too. Some of them are smoother than others by design, regardless of break in time. Current Chinese ones are definitely brighter than old MIE ones or Mesa exclusives. Not to say they're worse, but they're definitely spikier, even once you break them in.
      Very true. Mine are the Mesa version and the Marshall version. The Mesa's are warmer and fatter than the Marshall version. But the Marshall version's brightness is not spikey. It's more chimey than spikey. It's a little more toward the G12H but without the grit.

Comment

Working...
      X