banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour 59 measuring zero ohm resistance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seymour 59 measuring zero ohm resistance?

And here are the readings from my lovely Ohm meter
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200221_000333805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	5818277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200221_000244338.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	5818278

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      Not sure how things work internationally, but Reverb is very good about helping the buyer with not-as-described issues here in the U.S. Clearly those are counterfeit. Clearly they are broken and not-as-described.

Mr. Vito, the seller, is a low life. He most likely bought them on a site like Alibaba, DHGate or AliExpress at a "very good" price delivered compared to buying from a reputable source or from the U.S., realized they were junk, and sold them off as soon as he could.

If you get a chance, please take some clear pictures of the pickups top and bottom so we can share your experience with other forum members and the SD company.
      Done - see below. Pictures from both pickups' base plates and Ohm readings.

Comment

Originally posted by cpaggen View Post
        So the seller blocked me immediately after concluding the sale and prevented me from entering any feedback. He was very aggressive in his communication style. For example when I asked about a UPS tracking number for three days, he said "I have better things to do than taking care of your crappy pickups". I had already paid at that point :/
        Wow, what an arsehole .. okay... he knew.. go after that bastard and make sure you leave a review saying exactly how he treated you.

I truly hope reverb manages to refund you for your purchase. If need be, maybe you could send them to this page for reference so they can see all of the opinions that they are fake and such. Might help.

PayPal itself also inherently has protection against fraud , so long as the invoice on the payment says what you're paying for, then you are protected if you don't get it. you could try that Avenue as well.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
        Last edited by BeKindRewind; 02-20-2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103400[/ATTACH]
          It’s possible those started life as legit Duncans at some point but they’ve been messed with. Duncan’s have stickers on the bottom identifying the model. Also on uncovered 59s, the bobbin tape wraps onto the baseplate from the factory. The 4-conductor could be if they were pulled from an OEM guitar (JB/59 is a common OEM install), or added by someone later.

What’s strange is in the photos of the tops, the logo bobbins look rounded along the top outside edges while the non-printed bobbins looked flatter / sharper along the top outside edges, to me anyway; like they took a Duncan bobbin and made a hybrid with something else on a Duncan baseplate. Was that a trick if the camera angle, or are the bobbins actually different in shape and geometry?

Comment

They didn't start life as legitimate Duncans. They are being produced this way, not being recreated from old parts!

Comment

I'd contact Reverb right away. With the way he acted, I think it clearly shows that he knew. No mercy here.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Reverb will suspend the store and give you reverb bucks credit if you let them know what's going on. They can also see the message history.

Comment

Yep, as fake as a three-dollar bill.

/Peter
                  Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
                  Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Wait a minute...three-dollar bills are fake?!

Darn it, I've got a bunch of those.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

So the seller blocked me immediately after concluding the sale and prevented me from entering any feedback. He was very aggressive in his communication style. For example when I asked about a UPS tracking number for three days, he said "I have better things to do than taking care of your crappy pickups". I had already paid at that point :/
                      Screw him... I'd say go for it. I'd ask reverb and paypal for a refund and try to leave a negative review on him (maybe via asking reverb directly).

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Definitely fake. DEMAND your money back and do not feel bad about it.
                        “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

So what did Reverb do? Did you get a refund?
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Worst case scenario, if you can't get your money back, and are stuck with them: You can always tie black and bare to ground, and use green for hot. At least that way, they'll be usable and in phase.

Comment

Working...
                            X