No announcement yet.

DD in the bridge - what in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DD in the bridge - what in the neck?

One of the medium output Duncans would be the closest like the Jason Becker or Pegasus.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Just buy my DD/Custom hybrid set.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

That is more like a shredder tone. I only have 22 frets guitar (for now) so not not sure how to advice you for a 24 fret guitar but I think the people who suggested the black winter gave you a good lead to follow. Here a demo on a 22 fret guitar, sounds very warm to me.

Disclaimer: I have not used the Black Winter neck with a DDb. I use a Full Shred neck with my the DDb in my Charvel but mine is a 22 fret guitar, and it may bee too bright for what you want. I used to use the DDn too but I wanted something more open that would clean up nicely and I use the FS neck as a rhythm pickup for cleans and mild overdrive.
        Last edited by IMENATOR; 02-26-2020, 04:38 PM.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

I have a Jackson Pro Series Soloist with a DD set in it. I wasn't too sure about the DD in the neck, but then played it and was pleasantly surprised. The Jackson is for sale if you want to try it out... ha! But, seriously, the two mix together really well and give a surprisngly great range of tones.

Comment

To go the DiMarzio route, might I suggest the Super 2 for a hotter neck option or the PAF Pro for a mid output?

Comment

In case anyone's interested, I still haven't settled on what neck pickup to get. The guitar's trem is in bad shape, so I'm ordering a replacement soon too. I'll be ordering the pickup then.

Originally posted by Peteshreds View Post
              To go the DiMarzio route, might I suggest the Super 2 for a hotter neck option or the PAF Pro for a mid output?
              I don't like the PAF Pro. I find it too bright and attacky. I fear the Super 2 might be even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                In case anyone's interested, I still haven't settled on what neck pickup to get. The guitar's trem is in bad shape, so I'm ordering a replacement soon too. I'll be ordering the pickup then.

I don't like the PAF Pro. I find it too bright and attacky. I fear the Super 2 might be even worse.
                Fair enough. Out of the DiMarzio options you mentioned, I have had good luck with both the Air Nortons and the Liquifires. They're voiced similarly, but I feel like the Liquifire is a bit smoother in the high end. Both offer clarity and are probably high output enough for what you are after.

Comment

Full shred neck...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie13 View Post
                    Full shred neck...
                    Pretty sure that's the brightest Duncan neck humbucker. Exactly what I don't want, LOL.

Comment

Jackson uses the FS in the neck with the Invader in the bridge...

The puckup will be in the neck position...
                      You will not have highs...just articulation...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie13 View Post
                        Jackson uses the FS in the neck with the Invader in the bridge...

The puckup will be in the neck position...
                        You will not have highs...just articulation...
                        I've had the Jazz and the '59 in the neck. Neither is supposedly as bright as the FS Neck. I thought both were way too attacky and chripy, plus very low output. I don't think the FS Neck is better in that regard either. I don't think the FS Neck is what I want, but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

DDn of course

Comment

Working...
                          X