A few firsts.. Song, recording, mixing, sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few firsts.. Song, recording, mixing, sharing

This is a song I wrote, played and sang. It's not very complicated and still needs some work. I know I need to do some revisions on the solo and smooth some transitions.
    I guess I would say it's hard rock/metal
    I'm not the best singer (or guitarist for that matter) but i'm having fun and trying to put some stuff together.

The recording quality isnt the best, and this is my first real try at mixing lol.
    I'm recording using the sound recorder on my phone and mixing with Audacity

This is a learning experience, just trying to get some feedback.

what do guys think about it?

Last edited by v8stang289; 03-18-2020, 09:00 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Re: A few firsts.. Song, recording, mixing, sharing

Sounds decent. I would like to hear it with a drum beat added behind it. Check out Hydrogen drum machine . . . it's free, and you can make some pretty decent sounding drum loops with it.

Did you record the singing and guitar playing at the same time, or track them separately?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      Sounds decent. I would like to hear it with a drum beat added behind it. Check out Hydrogen drum machine . . . it's free, and you can make some pretty decent sounding drum loops with it.

Did you record the singing and guitar playing at the same time, or track them separately?

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Tracked separately, which is why there are some issue with the timing.
      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

You might try reaper, it's a free download, and it's a million times better than audacity. Gives you a lot of effects and abilities.
        Last edited by 80's_Metal; 02-25-2020, 07:10 AM.
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
          You might try reaper, it's a free download, and it's a million times better than audacity. Gives you a lot of effects and abilities.
          I started with Reaper and ended up with audacity. :P Reaper is great software, but I found it took me too long to figure out how to do simple things and was kinda getting in the way of my creative process. YMMV though.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Tracktion 7 is a free download, too, and has a lot of features designed to keep a musician's workflow. It evolved into Waveform, which is a wonderful, low cost DAW.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X