My Ravenwest after a (DIY) setup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ravenwest after a (DIY) setup...

Have'nt played this baby in over a year. Almost forgot how killer it sounds. Strings were rusty as hell & needed changing, I'd also messed up the pickup polepiece's on my Dean DMT Baker Act pup in the bridge & that was sounding like ass...there was a bit of fret buzz around the 12 fret etc...

Anyway..to cut a not-so-long story short. I fixed it all up. The Baker Act sounded like it did before & the fret was levelled..this thing plays like a dream again & sounds awesome like it used to

Also ..just out of curiosity I hooked up my old Line 6 Toneport (DI-S) to my comp (pretty much never used it before) & despite it being discontinued with outdated drivers etc...it works fine and sounds great ..in fact I could barely tell the difference between it and my current Behringer UMC202HD, they sounded almost exactly the same. The Line six is a hair sweeter/rounder maybe while the Behringer is a tiny bit brighter... barely noticeable..

Click image for larger version

Name:	TonePort_1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	5853523

Plugged into my little Zoom G1X Four. JCM 800 preset (cranked the gain a bit..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: My Ravenwest after a (DIY) setup...

Sounds good!
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I like the sound of this one!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Shame they're totally out of business. I still have my NT Tele. Shame, I wanted another.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

True man....Really wish I'd got another too..

They rarely pop up used anywhere for the kind of price I got mine for either

Youtube

Comment

Working...
            X