banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the WLH Neck the same as a 59 Neck but with more windings and a roughcast A5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the WLH Neck the same as a 59 Neck but with more windings and a roughcast A5?

That's the question.

If not, how else do they differ?

Thanks.

Re: Is the WLH Neck the same as a 59 Neck but with more windings and a roughcast A5?

I'm sure someone with far more expertise will chime in, but to me they are similar but not the same. The EQ differences seem to be more than just what a rough cast magnet would impart, and I've seen some well known pickup winders say that rough cast vs polished makes no discernible difference at all.

Comment

Re: Is the WLH Neck the same as a 59 Neck but with more windings and a roughcast A5?

Well, that assumption hasn't been reported at all, much less confirmed. So I would say they are probably more significantly different.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i havent ripped my wlh apart but i assume the wind is different, not just more turns. there are similarities but i hear enough differences that wouldnt be consistent to just having more turns. the shape/feel of the bottom end for starters

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

well, if the WLH is just a 59 with more windings and a roughcast A5, then the SH-1b '59 Bridge with the same roughcast A5 in the neck spot, should sound the same! they are both specified at 8.2K.
            And the bridge Version of the neck is often the same wind, just more turns.

i have not done this experiment but the 59s can easily get woofy. not so common with the WLHs

Comment

They sound like different winds to me.
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
              X