banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatred and self loathing.. Does it go away? prevention??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatred and self loathing.. Does it go away? prevention??

Ive prolly posted something like this before a time or 5.. I am cleaning out my photobucket to try to get down to a level where they arent trying to milk me for money.. So, Im being reminded of old loves and Then painfully reminded of old loves I should have NEVER let go...
    There are several, but the 2 that seem to be the most painful... As many of you that have been here awhile, know I went threw a guitar rolling stage where I bought and sold quite a few things. The cool thing with that is I finally got a grasp on what really suits me and the negative is I passed on some things that seriously pain me.. I had a 1999 Epiphone Ace Frehley Les Paul. It was a rare one with a black flame maple top. It was quite a nice looking axe and played very well. I rolled it during that phase as my feeling was i kinda felt like a toy as it was a LP that weighed about 6 lbs. Crazy huh?? However, now that my back is in full S**t mode, Id give anything to have it back. It played great, sounded great (esp after I replaced the neck Super D with a PAF Pro) and was light on my back and a very COOL looking and rare axe...

There are soo many I regret, but the other most painful one is a Washburn WM526. I had the ONLY one ever made with the finish it had and it was such a revolutionary guitar due to its features. The fret board was a carbon composite that was slick as glass, the body was thin and lightweight. I rolled it as I was not a huge fan of the EMGS (which I coulda swapped) and the neck was a lil wider than I preferred. Jacksons were always my dream guitars as a kid, but I found them to have a wider neck than I liked. So this was like that.

I have several other guitars I regret like heck letting go of. And now Im at a point in my life Im going to have to start letting go of more of my keeper babies.. These 2 hurt so much and kinda scare me of letting others go.. Anyone else suffer the same and any words of wisdom to help ease the pain??

Thanks! Brokenhearted in Jasper
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Hatred and self loathing.. Does it go away? prevention??

Just keep in mind that eventually, every one of us will have to let go of everything.
    Remember the Wisdom of Solomon:
    This too shall pass.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

You sold your wm526? Was it a HM-series? I always wanted one so bad! lol. Those were mahogany neck and body iirc.

Comment

I had a Gibson sg special I had to sell to pay rent in a time between jobs

When my roommate skipped out on me I had to sell my favorite USA strat I every had and a deluxe reverb reissue which were gifts from my grandmother before she passed. Took years to get back into a fender supersonic and a Mexican strat
        Happiness is cultivated within and music comes from within, that's about all I got to help. Things can change and someday you might get a chance to get them back, or something you'd be as happy with.
        Just turn into a chance to grow maybe. Bond more with the ones you keep. That kinda thing.
        Good luck, you can do anything, after I sold that USA strat I talked about I played a squier bullet for a year and now I feel more confident that I can pull ok sounds out of almost any structurally intact if I give it some time and a good amp

Comment

Stuff is just stuff. I'd rather have only one guitar and play it every day than a couple dozen guitars and only touch 'em occasionally.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I started clearing stuff out a few years ago. I’ll probably regret some stuff, but the goal is to make music and be happy, right?

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            Just keep in mind that eventually, every one of us will have to let go of everything.
            This too shall pass.

...just not today.

Or

...like a kidney stone.
            Last edited by PFDarkside; 02-19-2020, 07:16 PM.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I.... I...... I just can't

I've let some stuff that was great go
              But I just didn't bond with
              I had MIM strat that I tweaked and tweaked
              but in the end it was the neck I just couldn't get with

A couple of acoustics that for one reason or another just didnt do it
              A Yamaha Pacifica that just didn't move me
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                I started clearing stuff out a few years ago. I’ll probably regret some stuff...
                Probably not.

There is an endless supply of awesome instruments in the world. Let's say you owned one of them, then decided to sell it and regret it. Once you find another one, then inevitably sell it, then find another, blah blah blah, each one becomes easier and easier to part with.

Seriously, Joe Bonamassa is probably the only person in the world who could really say with any authority that a particular Les Paul is really special. How many Les Pauls have most of us played? Relative to the total number of them that exist... not very many.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

My grandma used to say, "There's a reason God put your eyes on the front of your head; it's because you're supposed to look where you're going, and not where you've been."

We've all got gear regrets; eventually, you'll find they they pale compared to other losses as you get a bit older.

Larry

Comment

I don't know man. Honestly I think you should start a new band with Clint55. You guys will make a great songwriting team together like Slash/ Axl, Steven Tyler/ Joe Perry, Page/ Plant.

Comment

I sold my LP Special when I closed my business about 12 years ago.....arghhhhh
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Sold a nice 70s SG custom to go on a holiday in Mexico with my newly wedded wife. Nice guitar but the marriage is better. Stuff is just stuff

Comment

Everything thing I sold, I sold for a reason. Everything that I needed back later, for reasons more than nostalgia, I could find with patience and find a way to buy if I really need it. In the end, very few pieces of gear have I bought twice.

Comment

Some decisions end up being wrong! It is a part of life... That simple. This one is one of them. A 95 LP standard... I should have kept it.

B
                            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              This too shall pass.

Yep, None of us get out of here alive.... or with their any of their stuff.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X