Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC Electronic Plethora X5

Originally posted by B2D
    Gawd, I'd jump at an updated G system with more/better effects options and the ability to move effect blocks around.
    It seems like the G System and G Major are just kept in the catalog for a few people to buy them, with no intentions of ever updating.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I can't really justify it already owning the HX Effects, which has a lot of effect types that the Plethora X5 doesn't have (yet). While I like their MASH buttons, there just isn't the variety of effects yet, although I do love the design.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
        Gawd, I'd jump at an updated G system with more/better effects options and the ability to move effect blocks around.
        I know, right! The original was brilliant for its time, if you had an amp with a good loop and knew how to set it up. Today it is old-fashioned technology, and many of its solutions have been implemented in the Helix and Axe-FX, but whilst I keep an HX Effects around for convenience, I maintain that the almost fifteen year old G-System still sounds better. Those algorithms are solid gold if you like pure, pristine effects. I have no interest in amp modelling, so if they ever did a new one I'd be all over it... it might, in fact, be one of the things that could make me toss my old one out!

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        It seems like the G System and G Major are just kept in the catalog for a few people to buy them, with no intentions of ever updating.
        I'm not getting my hopes up, but they did give a less-than-subtle hint that something might be in the works on FB last year. Perhaps the Plethora is a test run for a smaller unit, with a Cornucopia (to use a similar name) coming later? One can hope.

Comment

Just saw this on Youtube...totally forgot about it since I posted.

I still think it is pretty freaking cool. I'd program all of my effects with the app at home.

Then, if needed, it obviously can be tweaked live. I like the 4 knobs per effect on my G3N though. It's easy to go right to the thing you need to change, especially under stress.

None of these things is perfect. I think I'd be as happy with that as an M9, as my G3N...just different.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Price is still a little high for me. It is in the same range as an HX Effects, and with any of the Line 6 ones, you get way more effects (and gain pedals, too). TC Electronic might add gain models in the future, but as it is now, there are better deals out there.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
              ...I maintain that the almost fifteen year old G-System still sounds better. Those algorithms are solid gold if you like pure, pristine effects. I have no interest in amp modelling, so if they ever did a new one I'd be all over it... it might, in fact, be one of the things that could make me toss my old one out!
              I don't care for amp modeling in any situation but recording.

Agh... this talk is making me want to get a G-System or an FX8 to play with.

Anyone think it's worth getting the iB modified G-System over the regular one?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                I don't care for amp modeling in any situation but recording.

Agh... this talk is making me want to get a G-System or an FX8 to play with.

Anyone think it's worth getting the iB modified G-System over the regular one?
                It seems like the buffers are improved, and noise is decreased. There’s a reference somewhere of every unit after S/N XXXXXX has the improved buffers.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X