Can anyone identify this pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this pickup?

I took this neck pickup out of a '79 The Paul that I got used to see what it was, since it wasn't the Gibson stock t-top. Pulled it out to find Seymour's signature on the back, and some heavy solder, but not much else. Can anyone possibly identify what this might be/when it was from?
    Is there a range of time, or specific models that are known to be hand-signed? Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0497.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	5853526

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0492.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	5853527

Re: Can anyone identify this pickup?

Probably antiquity. You would need to take an ohm reading.

Comment

Yes, probably an Ant. Looks like his not too recent handwriting - lets say end of 90ies to beginning 2000, but all stickers to date it exactly are gone.
      Last edited by hamerfan; 02-20-2020, 03:17 PM.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

So, how cool does that sound?! I always liked 'The Paul' models, too.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That pup didn't originally have that much solder on it. Even if it had a stock cover on it to begin with, at some point it was removed and replaced...maybe several times.

But, yes, take some readings on it...each coil separately and together in series.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thanks everyone, never got around to taking the reading and forgot until now! Multimeter says 8.32. Anyone have any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by madguit513 View Post
              Thanks everyone, never got around to taking the reading and forgot until now! Multimeter says 8.32. Anyone have any idea?
              Possibly this https://www.seymourduncan.com/single...uity-humbucker

Comment

antiquity
                Quality riffs in about a minute...
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

If it's 8.32k, it's an Antiquity Bridge wired in the neck position, missing it's cover and two labels; one stating the position it was intended for, the other would have been the serial number with another hand signature on top.

Comment

Working...
                  X