HSS - 1 full size HB, two SC stack, autosplit -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS - 1 full size HB, two SC stack, autosplit -

I ordered a Stag Mag and two Vintage Stack Plus, thanks to great suggestions on this forum. I thought it would be easy to find the diagram I need, but no luck. Nothing fancy needed, just a HB auto split in the 2 position. I think I know what I need to do, but I have a couple questions to be sure.

- Should I use a 500k tone pot for the Stag Mag, with a .022 cap, and not connect it to the 250k pot as shown below? The diagram below doesn't indicate the pot frequencies, and the HB sharing the .047 cap.

- Given the single coil config below, what do I do with the third wire for the stacks?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 4.38.25 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	5853528

HSS - 1 full size HB, two SC stack, autosplit -

You don’t need to split stacks. They already sound like single coils. And when you split them they will get louder. Because the two coils suffer volume loss due to phase cancellation.

Also they both have the same polarity, so they won’t hum cancel.

But you could probably split the middle if you are splitting the bridge humbucker. You will just have to pick the right coil on the humbucker to split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: HSS - 1 full size HB, two SC stack, autosplit -

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
      You don’t need to split stacks. They already sound like single coils. And when you split them they will get louder. Because the two coils suffer volume loss due to phase cancellation. Tapatalk
      I’m not actually looking to split the stacks. Just the HB in position 2 as auto split, which is in the diagram. So I guess I would just tape off the red wire from the stacks.

Comment

This 920D harness uses a super switch to allow the humbucker to “see” the 500k. Maybe that’s the way to go. Or I’ll just buy that one and save some time. Not crazy about the cloth wire though, I wonder why they use it on everything.

Guitar wiring upgrades and components for serious players around the world. From individual pots and wiring harnesses, to fully loaded pickguards, we can hook you up. Shape your sound.

Comment

Originally posted by hwkremer View Post
          I’m not actually looking to split the stacks. Just the HB in position 2 as auto split, which is in the diagram. So I guess I would just tape off the red wire from the stacks.
          Oh ok. You should get a 5 way switch with 5 actual positions. Most are 3 way switches that bridge two of the contacts in 2 and 4. So on one side (pole) of the switch, connect that contact to the series link on the humbucker, and then the common connection to ground (or hot if you want to split the other coil).

That split HB will not hum cancel with the middle pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X