File this one under “Things I will never understand”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File this one under “Things I will never understand”

Features a rosewood fretboard and 1959 Tribute humbuckers. Some models in 1989 feature an ebony fretboard and the short-lived R4/L8 humbuckers. Updated in 1990 returning to the rosewood fretboard, and introducing the 490R/498T humbucker.

Seriously.... I don’t get it.

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1987 Slash Era 3 piece top Refinsh

Click image for larger version

Name:	062271E3-07C4-4A5A-8837-5DFD41B5370D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	5853533
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: File this one under “Things I will never understand”

Don't you just lose a little faith in humanity every time?

Comment

I mean, a fool and his money...
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's a typo. They left out the decimal point. (Like the one they erased from the headstock.) It's supposed to be $38.00.

Comment

"Perfectly Good 1987 Les Paul Ruined and Marked up 400% more than what it's worth"

Fixed the title

Except somebody with more money than brains will buy it, because for some reason people believe that some sort of magical guitar is what makes Slash a great guitarist, and not, I dunno, the fact that he practiced his ass off and is super creative, and would still sound amazing with a 50$ piece of **** Walmart guitar.

Slash's wasn't even a Gibson so it's kind of pointless to point out the fact that it's from the "era" his was. It may as well be a Fender Mustang for Christ's sake ; if it's made in 1987 it's still from his era right? His was made in 1987 but based on 59 specs...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
          Last edited by BeKindRewind; 02-21-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Oh wow, look at the zoomed in pictures.

That forearm wear couldn't look any faker unless he posted the picture of himself going at it with a belt sander...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Optimistic.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Please God, someone buy this just so I have proof that dentists and lawyers are financially secure and that the Vintage Guitar industry will live forever.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                  Slash's wasn't even a Gibson . . .
                  I didn't know that. So, what was it?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                    I didn't know that. So, what was it?

It was a 1959 replica built by Kris Derrig.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

which makes this even more funny, since the guy "slashed up" a 1987 lp which is nothing like what slash actually played

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        which makes this even more funny, since the guy "slashed up" a 1987 lp which is nothing like what slash actually played
                        Exactly. Some how it was promoted into my feed. I had to share it.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I get a good chuckle each time Gibson does a Slash model that is built to the specs of the Derrig. Sure, make a clone of a clone of a Gibson. Why not? LOL

Why someone would do this is beyond me. What a waste.

Comment

I suggest using the "make an offer" button...not the "buy now" button. I don't think it's a bad looking LP, but the price is way out of line....then again, I've sold lots on Reverb and I tend to price high when I really am looking for offers, then I sell when it hits my "real" price.
                            *******Please check out some of my songs:
                            https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                              Sure, make a clone of a clone of a Gibson. Why not? LOL
                              I got a chuckle out of the luthier Roman Rist saying that he doesn't "fault" Gibson for making a copy of their own guitar with their own name on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X