• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: File this one under “Things I will never understand”

It still needs a Floyd.

Comment

Slash did actually have an 87 (or 2) that he had on tour right from the get-go. Before Appetite broke big he asked Gibson for an endorsement. They said no, but sold him a 87 'seconds' guitar cheap.

I'm pretty sure the 87 is the one featured in the "Sweet child o mine' vid

Comment

The only thing this guy needs to put a Slash on in order to sell this guitar is the price. What the hell is he thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
          It still needs a Floyd.
          Whoah bud nobody has the 10,000 it would be worth with a Floyd!

Seriously though what would this guitar be worth in original condition (like well played, but not wrecked).. like maybe 1800? 2000 tops ? But it's been ruined. Its not worth more than 1000 bucks and he's asking 5 (good deal though considering original price 6200!) Insane.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Slash's tone is almost %100 his playing style and touch.... no Slash LP is worth the money they ask for it.

Save your money and practice more....
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Guys no. If this is one of you I swear to god

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                Slash's tone is almost %100 his playing style and touch.... no Slash LP is worth the money they ask for it.

Save your money and practice more....
                No guitar is worth 5 grand. At the end of the day it's wood and strings. I still don't get how some people are convinced this certain magical gear will make them have the tone they want. At the end of the day you'd still burn a 59' Les Paul for firewood if you were trapped on a stranded island, just the same as you'd burn a plywood squier. The person playing is the magic, not the gear.

Same goes with clothes, cars, and everything. Wearing the same clothes as Brad Pitt doesn't make you Brad Pitt. The man makes the clothes cool, not the other way around.

Comment

^ Great, so we've heard your opinion on 'worth'.

Long as you realise such personal views are practically irrelevant to others you'll do fine.

Comment

yeah, what something is worth is a fluid thing for sure. is that guitar worth $5k? to me? hell no but many people have more money than i and maybe they have terrible taste to go with it

Comment

there is no god.

fwiw it's on chicago music exchange who dramatically overprices everything, but like, this is just... special.

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                        https://reverb.com/item/32224600?utm...ZDi2M6ZgF3ULnM

there is no god.

fwiw it's on chicago music exchange who dramatically overprices everything, but like, this is just... special.
                        Looks like someone dropped it off the back of a truck going around a tight bend atop a cliff, and it hit every ledge on the way down. That poor guitar...

Comment

No guitar is worth 5 grand.
                          Ahem. I had the $5k+ to spend. I wanted exactly the guitar I bought. I will even go so far as to suggest my chops are superior to the namesake it was built after. And it was indeed supremely aged. That said, it was aged by Tom Murphy himself. To ME it was worth it. Maybe not you. But yeah - a guitar is ~350 of parts mostly.

IF (note the big if) that is a real Gibson (questionable) I'll go seven-fiddy max. for that crappy whatever was done.

As far as taste - Christine is either a love her or hate her girl. But it is a real Gibson #'d Custom shop instrument of collector value.
                          Last edited by Aceman; 02-27-2020, 05:15 PM.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

File this one under “Things I will never understand”
                            I know, right?

I mean, who is this "Slash" guy and why is he selling that POS?

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/32224600?utm...ZDi2M6ZgF3ULnM

there is no god.

I don't mine the looks of that. It's actually pretty good.

Wouldn't pay four number digits for it though in any circumstances...
                              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

But guys, it has a three-piece top! That's one more than a two-piece top...
                                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                                X