NPD MXR Timmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD MXR Timmy

I just purchased an MXR Timmy from Guitar Center in Baton Rouge. After trying many overdrive pedals into a very bright Blues Jr IV, the Timmy lived up to the hype. I really liked the cutting nature of the Bass and Treble knobs. Not mushy like the MXR Sugar Drive. Much nicer than the harsh brightness of the SD-1 or the BD-2. The Volume control was subtle and smooth unlike the sudden volume rush of the Fulltone OCD. Best of all the Gain wasn’t as harsh and aggressive like an OCD. At home, I tested the Timmy with my new Vox AC 15, a bright but smoother than a Blues JR IV NOS. It stayed warm and clear and not too crunchy. As other people noted, the Timmy stacked well into a Proco Rat2. It also stacked well into a Rougarou Umibozu fuzz. Rougarou is a local Louisiana based boutique pedal maker. Unlike most overdrives, the Timmy worked well with humbuckers in an Epiphone Les Paul Pro and with my old Fender Roadhouse Strat. I can’t wait to try my Tele and my Gretsch with the MXR Timmy. I am very satisfied with my impulse buy.

Re: NPD MXR Timmy

Thanks for comparing the sound to "known quantity" pedals.
    Enjoy!

Comment

Nice! I love Timmy pedals.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Just got mine today, played a Telecaster (5-string, tuned to open "G") into a Vox AC30 Top Boost, glorious Keef tones, volume was set to about 3:00 for unity gain. Next up, a humbucker-equipped Strat, nice solid overdrive! Now I need to build another pedalboard....

Comment

Working...
        X