Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC deluxe disappointment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    The Andromeda falls into the Mega Delay department, but man, it does some pretty wild things, including sounding like an analog delay with tap tempo- having a lot more delay time than a normal analog delay.
    One of the big selling points for me was it’s midi capability. When I bought it I was re-working my board with a loop switcher and I really wanted the “one button” ease of switching multiple fx on/off at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      One of the big selling points for me was it’s midi capability. When I bought it I was re-working my board with a loop switcher and I really wanted the “one button” ease of switching multiple fx on/off at once.
      I really wanted to add a switcher to my board, but I'm reluctant to go up in size, not to mention thanks to the stupid footswitch connection the EVH uses I'd be kind of stuck with having to do the channel switching separately anyway.
      Last edited by Coma; 02-23-2020, 09:00 AM.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      1973 Aria 551
      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

You can pick up a used Deja Vu delay . . . it is tap tempo and lets you mix analog/digital delay sounds to get as bright or dark as you want. Might be worth checking out.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

EHX Grand Canyon has a built-in tap tempo button. It does a lot in a relatively small space. It's digital, but with emulations of analog, tape, drum, plus several others. It's very tweakable, too.
          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
          Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            You can pick up a used Deja Vu delay . . . it is tap tempo and lets you mix analog/digital delay sounds to get as bright or dark as you want. Might be worth checking out.
            That one has the same problem as the Tech21 DLA: It's nowhere to be found.

The market for pedals on this side of the pond was by and large limited to the really big brand names until demand for boutique or more niche effects suddenly took off a few years back, in combination with the non-restricted EU market opening up trade for international web-based retail.

So the older stuff that was mostly made in the US but not distributed here is still around but you have to buy them from seller sin the US, which gets pretty pricey once you tack on import taxes and shipping.

With that said, I'm thinking I should start prefacing every thread with a disclaimer pointing out my location, because this keeps on happening [emoji1]
            1973 Aria 551
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
              I really wanted to add a switcher to my board, but I'm reluctant to go up in size, not to mention thanks to the stupid footswitch connection the EVH uses I'd be kind of stuck with having to do the channel switching separately anyway.
              Which EVH? Have we discussed this before?

Is it MIDI enabled?
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Which EVH? Have we discussed this before?

Is it MIDI enabled?
                It is not. It uses a 7 or 8 channel DIN cable but there's no midi compatibility in the amp. And the switch itself is huge. The only company to ever offer any kind of footswitch rehousing flat out refuses to work with it anymore.
                1973 Aria 551
                1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

It is not. It uses a 7 or 8 channel DIN cable but there's no midi compatibility in the amp. And the switch itself is huge. The only company to ever offer any kind of footswitch rehousing flat out refuses to work with it anymore.
                  You need a cable like this, right?

7 Pin din to dual 1/4" TRS cable for switching EVH 5150 III 100W Amplifier functions

Then the 1/4” will go to the CTRL jacks of the switcher. You’ll have to determine which is channel 1/2/3, but it would work. (Unfortunately the loop is hardwired on, but if you were using a switcher that doesn’t matter).
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You need a cable like this, right?

7 Pin din to dual 1/4" TRS cable for switching EVH 5150 III 100W Amplifier functions

Then the 1/4” will go to the CTRL jacks of the switcher. You’ll have to determine which is channel 1/2/3, but it would work. (Unfortunately the loop is hardwired on, but if you were using a switcher that doesn’t matter).
                    Hmmm, that looks quite interesting. From what I've read, one of the issues with rebuilding the foot controller is that it has some sort of controller circuit in it and isn't just four switches connected to the cable. Otherwise, even without a switcher, this could be really useful for just building a smaller sized footswitch box.
                    Last edited by Coma; 02-23-2020, 05:43 PM.
                    1973 Aria 551
                    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

With that said, I'm thinking I should start prefacing every thread with a disclaimer pointing out my location, because this keeps on happening [emoji1]

At least you wisely do list your location.
                      So many others post for help/recommendations and people have no idea what continent they are even on.

Comment

Hmmm, that looks quite interesting. From what I've read, one of the issues with rebuilding the foot controller is that it has some sort of controller circuit in it and isn't just four switches connected to the cable. Otherwise, even without a switcher, this could be really useful for just building a smaller sized footswitch box.
                        I had the same idea as PFFDarkside with the cable but I didn’t know if something like this was available. If you can get a cable like this it should work with a switcher, no problem.
                        As stated, the din side would just go to the amp and the 1/4” side to the switcher. That’s exactly how my Splawn works although the amp itself uses 1/4” connections too.

PF helped me out a ton when I was reworking my board. He has a good grasp on how all of it works. The midi setup is confusing at first but once you “get it” it’s really pretty easy to program.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                          I had the same idea as PFFDarkside with the cable but I didn’t know if something like this was available. If you can get a cable like this it should work with a switcher, no problem.
                          As stated, the din side would just go to the amp and the 1/4” side to the switcher. That’s exactly how my Splawn works although the amp itself uses 1/4” connections too.

PF helped me out a ton when I was reworking my board. He has a good grasp on how all of it works. The midi setup is confusing at first but once you “get it” it’s really pretty easy to program.
                          Glad it’s all working out for you!
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Glad it’s all working out for you!
                            Thank you for all of your help with it!!

Comment

Working...
                            X