Who's used Five-Two's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's used Five-Two's?

I've never tried the JD, so can't help there I'm afraid.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

i have the five-two tele bridge. don‘t own the neck.
      i like it. it replaced the sd vintage 54 stl-1
      the duncan soundclips represent the differences just fine.
      it‘s broader sounding, less (high) mid dominated than the 54.
      it s bright alright, but compared to one of my AM std tele PU it‘s actually pretty warm and sweet.
      because of the slanted bridge pickup the A5/A2 combo is very nice.
      high strings not too piercing, low strings not too muffled like a alnico 2 tele bridge can be

Comment

Thanks ToneFid. Good info. This thread is morphing into two separate projects. I want to get started on my Brent Mason Tele project. I've got the Tele. And I've got the pickguard and control plate from 920D. I also have the SM-1n mini-hum. But, instead of using the STK-T3b Vintage Stack and STK-S2n Hot Stack, I thought I'd use the Broadcaster and a Five-Two in the middle. (Both, of which I have.) But the Five-Two bridge is sounding pretty appealing. I suppose I should just go ahead with the Broadcaster, since I have it. Then, later, I could always get a Five-Two if I'm not completely happy with it.

I also want to do a variation of Mincer's HSS Strat project from the blog.

Too many irons.

Comment

Not made by Seymour Duncan, but a 5/2 was the bridge p'up in my Zhangbucker custom-made strat set.

It was the perfect choice to alleviate the inherent shrill-y tone a slanted bridge p'up would have, without ever lose the desired glassy-ness/chimy-ness requested.

Add this feature to three different polepiece spreads and staggers, made the perfect, most balanced strat set I've ever encountered.

/Peter
          Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
          Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by Discharged View Post
            Not made by Seymour Duncan, but a 5/2 was the bridge p'up in my Zhangbucker custom-made strat set.
            Dave made a middle pup for one of my Strats. It made it fun to do a Strat middle pup only. I normally would only use the middle pup in pos #2 and #4.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
              Dave made a middle pup for one of my Strats. It made it fun to do a Strat middle pup only. I normally would only use the middle pup in pos #2 and #4.
              I never use the middle pickup alone on my Strats. I usually do some variation (with a special switch) of neck and bridge in the middle position.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Noobie here.

I recently put a Five-Two in the bridge of my Fender FSR Standard Ash Tele - to go along with the previously installed '59 humbucker in the neck - and I love this duo! I am really impressed with the Five-Two. It does just what it says it will do - "Delivers tighter lows and sweeter highs".. And as mentioned, it works great with the '59 in the neck. This is a fantastic combo for this Tele.

Comment

Sweet! Nice 1st post. I bet that thing sounds killer.

And welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks, Artie!

Yeah, it does sound killer now, with these two Duncans!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                      I've got a Five-Two Tele bridge pickup, paired with a Psyclone vintage in my Tele. It's a really sweet sounding combo, with enough growl in the bridge without being harsh and a very flutey neck pickup. I only have the bridge pickup wired to the tone control.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103433[/ATTACH]
                      Wow I like that configuration!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                      What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

These "alt" Tele's are giving me GAS. I gotta get mine done.

Comment

Go for it! The '59 and the Five-Two really made my MIM FSR Standard Ash Tele come alive!

Comment

Working...
                          X