Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD -- P90 and Hollow Body Goodness

Well, Semi-Hollow, but whatever lol

As I alluded to in Aceman's thread, last Friday evening I was sipping on bourbon while surfing Reverb and made an offer on a guitar. Woke up Saturday to an "offer accepted" email.

Guitar in question was a '16 Epiphone ES-339 P90 Pro in Wine Red

It actually came in Wednesday but today was the first time I got a chance to really play it. It is cool!
    I've been playing some blues stuff and classic rock today and this thing is killer. It does clean very well too. It was described as recently set up with 10's, and I believe it. The frets appear to have been polished and the action is set to my liking. The guitar is flawless, not a scratch or ding on it.
    I've been looking at these for a while, I'm glad this worked out the way it did.
    I did take the "E" decal off the pickguard, because it just looked gaudy to me.

But...
    SWMBO has made it VERY clear that this is my last purchase for a while, lol. As I have definitely spent some $$$ lately on toys/hobbys, and she wants to buy a house this summer.

Here are a couple quick pics, I'll try to get some better ones at some point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-128231577.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	5853541

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1257411752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	5853542
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Re: NGD -- P90 and Hollow Body Goodness

Wow! I love semis, and I just got a red one in the past few months, too. Congrats!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wow! I love semis, and I just got a red one in the past few months, too. Congrats!
      And we are STILL waiting to hear what that Eastman sounds like.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Congrats on the new acquisition.

I played a bunch of those when they first came out and tried like crazy to like them, but they just didn't feel right to me. But I'm glad you're lovin it.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

looks great! full hollow or semi? dont know much about the 339

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              looks great! full hollow or semi? dont know much about the 339
              It's semi, has the block down the middle. Basically a 335 scaled down to around les paul size
              "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

thats what i thought but wasnt sure, very cool

Comment

Nice! Is the one with the factory push-pulls, to do pup splitting?

Comment

splitting p90s? fancy!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      Nice! Is the one with the factory push-pulls, to do pup splitting?
                      the pro would have splitting if it was the humbucker version, but since its p90 it does not.

Comment

was thinking of doing P90s in a gretsch white falcon. I hate the filtertrons. Im thinking more punchy jazz tone and the P90s in a hollow or semi hollow usually do just that

Comment

Originally posted by v8stang289 View Post
                          the pro would have splitting if it was the humbucker version, but since its p90 it does not.
                          Doh! I wasn't thinking.

Comment

Working...
                          X