Just pulled the trigger on a new Amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just pulled the trigger on a new Amp!

Picked up the PRS MT 15 last year and have been absolutely blown away by the tones of the little amp. It now resides at my Church and is my favorite amp to just plug into and play. Got a chance to grab a April 2019 build date 50 watt PRS Archon Stealth head today for an INSANE price off another forum shipped and just pulled the trigger on it.
    Caught me at the right time with the $ to play and am looking forward to this one big time. Played with a few of the old PRS amps and they were just OK but fell in absolute LOVE with the new Sewell designed rigs like the 2 channel C's the MT 15 and the Archon with the Archon my holy grail amp of the bunch!
    Now to figure out what stays and what goes as don't have room and use for 4 heads. The Boogie DC 5 stays but what about the others hmm---.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Just pulled the trigger on a new Amp!

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

The amp sounds nice . . . but man, that maple necked PRS with the red-yellow fade in the video looks like hot sex!
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Amp is in rout and should arrive tomorrow. Will be interesting to A/B the Archon 50 and my MT-15 as the MT-15 is supposedly based off the Archon. Stoked on this one and still can't believe I was able to buy this one at this price!! Will give a review when I get it and have a chance to do a head to head with the MT 15 and my Boogie DC 5.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          The amp sounds nice . . . but man, that maple necked PRS with the red-yellow fade in the video looks like hot sex!
          That's Dave's custom 7 string.

Comment

What a pleasant predicament you're in.....
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
              What a pleasant predicament you're in.....
              LOL yep now I have to figure out what I will let go of to pay for the Archon. Will keep my DC 5 head for sure as it's a vastly different beast but am blow away by how good this new one sounds. Dead serious here it's the absolute best sounding amp I have ever plugged into for smooth fluid solo tones bar none. Also is incredibly organic feeling and responds to touch at gain better than anything in this category I have ever played. It's not just a little better than the MT 15 it's a quantum leap forward. Super quiet MONSTER tones at an absolute whisper then gets better and opens up as you turn up. Like nothing else I have ever played. Also did not know these are point to point true hand built amps and am just floored by this thing!!
              Why you don't see more folk playing these amps on stage I haven't a clue but just D$%$# is this thing good!!Click image for larger version

Name:	Archon 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5818339
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Archon 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	5818340
              Last edited by Ascension; 02-27-2020, 08:58 AM.
              Guitars

Comment

Working...
              X