banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often manufacturers release new guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often manufacturers release new guitars?

Just wondering how often guitar manufacturers release new guitars, not necessarily brand new models but at least different colors. Mostly interested in ESP and Jackson.

I was waiting for NAMM winter 2020 but I didn't see anything in the look I was looking for, other than the Mayones guitars which are way above my price range . I do like the Jackson pro Soloist but they just look meh, the new ESP M with the ultra thin neck and the new EMG 57/66 TW looks cool but it is purple

Re: How often manufacturers release new guitars?

Some stay in the catalog for years (like a Snow White DK2), others are introduced every year. Brands like Ibanez and LTD especially, they seem to get new colors annually. Fender will keep the same basic colors for years then switch up the unique colors at NAMM. If you are looking for something different, there’s a small chance something comes out at summer NAMM, but usually the winter NAMM is the cycle for buying inventory, etc.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh, okay, summer NAMM interesting, we'll see. Thanks!

Comment

You could do custom shop
        Order whatever color you want

Or refinish to taste at home
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Interesting, would that be ridiculously expensive with Jackson or ESP Ltd? Just a different color from another guitar they have in stock, nothing crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward203 View Post
            Oh, okay, summer NAMM interesting, we'll see. Thanks!
            Are you looking at full on USA Jackson and Japan ESP? If so, custom shop might make sense. Or scour reverb/ebay for what you want.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Generally, releases are around the big music industry shows, but some companies trickle out models all year instead.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X