Creamback 65 or 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamback 65 or 75

Who has used both speakers and which did you preder? What amp did you try it in?

Re: Creamback 65 or 75

I have used both speakers. Both are nice, depending on what you want. H-75's have more sizzle and a tighter bottom-end. M-65's are woodier and warmer. I prefer H-75's because they're loud and proud. M-65's have more of the traditional Greenback vibe, and they're noticeably less efficient, so they let you crank your amp more, if that's what you want.

Both were nice with my EVH and my Krank.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-24-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

that kinda falls in line with what celestion says. ive wanted to try the 65 but already have too many good speakers im not using so gotta unload those things before i get more crap

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
        I have used both speakers. Both are nice, depending on what you want. H-75's have more sizzle and a tighter bottom-end. M-65's are woodier and warmer. I prefer H-75's because they're loud and proud. M-65's have more of the traditional Greenback vibe, and they're noticeably less efficient, so they let you crank your amp more, if that's what you want.

Both were nice with my EVH and my Krank.
        65s are a little woodier than Greenbacks, too. I just pulled a pair out of a cabinet because I prefer the greenbacks

Comment

to me the 65 sounds sweeter on the cleans and sits a little higher in the tone mix. its bottom end is looser and not as pronounced. on the cleans its a little more articulate and jingly jangly but not too much. the 75h has a tighter bottom end and lower pronounced midrange. it didnt sound bad on the cleans but its not as pronounced on the highs

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
            65s are a little woodier than Greenbacks, too. I just pulled a pair out of a cabinet because I prefer the greenbacks
            Yeah. Kinda.

Creambacks are more closely related to the Heritage G12M's than to the Classic RI's. They share the same "Pulsonic-inspired" cone as the Heritages.

Comment

Working...
            X