Gibson CS '61 SG....must...have.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson CS '61 SG....must...have.....

Yeah so I spent some time today at The Music Zoo, played every SG they had in the house, Gibson and the new Epi's. A bunch of very good ones but none of them rivaled the '61. There was a triple pup CS ' 61 SG Custom that was pretty great as well, nice chunky neck but just missed the vibe of the Standard.

I am now obsessed

Crap

This is the new Gibson Custom Shop SG Standard '61, capturing the vibe of the original '61 SG down to the small pickguard and slim-taper neck profile. The guitar has a solid mahogany body, acrylic trapezoid inlays within the rosewood fretboard, rolled binding, and two great sounding Custom Bucker pickups for that class
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: Gibson CS '61 SG....must...have.....

Lotta dough for an SG. What mags are in 61 Burstbuckers?

Comment

A5 mags

It’s lots of coin for any guitar but this particular one, freaking magical

Rarely have I pulled a guitar off a shelf that was even close to it
      Last edited by Wattage; 02-25-2020, 08:03 AM.
      My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

What really sets off the sg look for me is the deeper bevels on the cutaway area. Those seem to be more pronounced on the original 60's sg's, not so much on the reissues. I try to create that on a couple sg of my builds, but it's not that easy lol.

The 'Jaydee' sg's that are built for Tony Iommi have that look dialed in.

Comment

I've taken apart and put my SG Classic back together x2 already since

I am an endless tweaker of my guitars and it's fun but I haven't slept much this week. Re-crown & polish, good board cleaning too with a scrape and Guitar Honey to get it really smooth, a little wetsanding the back of neck as well. I ditched the reflectors and put on witch hats so it looked more late 60's. Swapped tailpieces with another guitar and put on a lightweight alum tailpiece which opened the guitar up some in a good way.. The guitar is better for it in every way, played well before and now it is excellent but it still isn't close lol

The journey not the destination
          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
          X