banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beam me up Scotty - NPD! (Orange, sparkly, and awesome...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beam me up Scotty - NPD! (Orange, sparkly, and awesome...)

And set PHASER for stunning!!!

That's right - scored a minty VFE Enterprise Phaser. For me, this is the holy of holies as Phase goes. I'm not a huge phase guy and have been living with a self-EVH painted Joyo Phaser for quite a while.

That said, come aboard the Enterprise, from the now defunct VFE company. You may know them from some of their excellent Fiery, Pale, Dark Horse distortions....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	5853558

Speed, Center, and Feedback(+/-) knobs, plus a little mix knob.
    Your choice of 2, 3, or 4 stages
    And Phase, Vibe, or Phase-Vibe

Plus a b!tchin' Orange metal flake paint job. This ain't your grandpa's Phase 90!

Last edited by Aceman; 02-25-2020, 06:18 AM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Beam me up Scotty - NPD! (Orange, sparkly, and awesome...)

He's actually building some of these again this summer, along with all the others in a limited-run.
    VFE is then handing-off the designs to another company (?) for future production.
    The catch is you have to pay first,,,,,,,,but he does have a very good rep for delivering as promised and keeping everyone up-to-speed with his progress.
    Orders open until memorial day.

Comment

Congrats! Don't know much about phaser's (like them with gain/evh style) ...but I like the name & colour
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Dude, you delivered! Cool pedal - enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
          Dude, you delivered! Cool pedal - enjoy!
          I was seriously worried when VFE took a dive that these would disappear forever and only re-appear at ridiculous prices. FYI - got a killer deal on it too. The Ferengi would have been proud.

Comment

I'm really curious who is going to be making his stuff after the summer run. He's using a 6 full-size knobs (instead of the 3/3 original) format as the final design, toggles will remain on models that use them. I'm betting those simpler 4-knob(no toggles) designs are totally scrapped now.
            Last edited by dave74; 02-26-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Update: Had to dig deep in the innards!

I'm guessing someone jacked with the internal dips. was making a horrible sound on the four stage that just pummeled the output to distortion. Anyway - got in there and really went to town with a little Duncan Basslines screwdriver.

Oh Phase-baby!!!!! Was running it in the look of my Hughes and Kettner. Phase-O-licious!!!!!

I was digging the 4 stage finally for basic MXR tones (not that I could dial that in yet...lots of knobage!!!). But I was really digging the 2 Stage. The Vibe was cool too, and the Vibe/Phase was a wild little setting.

Honestly, I think I liked the 3 stage more than either of them! Anyway...now to body go, where Aceman has never gone before....

The stage setting, the mix and the feedback are really interactive. Gonna take me a bit to really dial it in - but many many tasty tones!!! Again - not for you one knob fans at all.
              Last edited by Aceman; 03-16-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

4 stage is generally what I use. Just some swirl, and not so seasick-sounding. I don't want the sweep to overtake the musical part I am playing.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Slight phase with a just right level mix is kinda chorus-y, yet not...

Comment

Working...
                  X