NGD Traveler Vaibrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Traveler Vaibrant

I’m moving out west this summer and am not looking to bring all my gear, at least on the first trip. So I decided to pull the trigger on a travel guitar. I ended up going with the traveler vaibrant deluxe, it’s their take on a steve vai jem. I really like the way it looks and price wasn’t too bad, got 20% Presidents Day coupon for GC. I got it a couple days ago and am actually surprisingly impressed with it, even tho it came out of China. It’s got a full scale neck and almost zero body to it. I think it’s just over 5lbs. Floyd 1000 which isn’t too bad. The pickups aren’t bad either for being only mid gain. The neck and board feel a little fake to me, but over time I’m getting used to it.

My only issue is it’s a brand new guitar, fresh out of the box. Within 60 seconds I noticed there’s a crack at the neck pocket, probably only finish, but for a brand new guitar? Has anyone dealt with an issue like this before from GC? Don’t really want to go thru the hassle of bringing it back to a store to exchange and have them ship me another one. I’m kinda hoping they’ll knock some more $ off of my purchase price, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Slamundson; 02-25-2020, 01:57 PM.

Re: NGD Traveler Vaibrant

Click image for larger version

Name:	A4E3A016-AE7E-4837-8CB9-EBB2DF94D2E1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	5818331

Comment

I think you can swing by and see what your options are.
      No one here can make that determination

I'm sure they will replace it if you want.
      But you really need to speak to GC to see if and how much refund they would allow

Like you said it may be just finish.
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Contact GC, ask for either a new guitar or a refund. New stuff shouldn't look like that.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ok so I brought it in, they said they can do a discount but an exchange would be easier. So he checked out the order and found out an exchange would be on back order for awhile so they gave me $40 off. With my 20% off coupon I got about $170 total off the guitar with free shipping so I can’t complain.

Comment

Wood expands and contracts in response to humidity and barometric pressure. Plastic finishes do not. Therefore - cracks in the corners and on sharp edges where surface tension is higher.

This was nothing to complain about, it even happens on new Fender stuff. SO - you got a righteous deal. Drive on, and enjoy.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Funny. That's the exact same deal I got on My Jetking. It's crack, (only in the finish), was much more pronounced than that. They also gave me $40 off.

Comment

Let's get some pics of the whole guitar. I've never seen one of these in the wild.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Name:	CDA7A5AF-7948-4660-AF5C-E6BD1BCB0F83.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	5818365

Comment

Name:	4B7D2DE2-EC1A-4C24-9C2F-F12D90DC58AB.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	5818366

Comment

I don’t know why but posting pics on here is always a crapshoot for me. They’re always sideways and half of them fail to show up. Here’s the couple that would post

Comment

That's a cool looking guitar!
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                        X