EVH Frankenstein pickup vs EVH Wolfgang pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Frankenstein pickup vs EVH Wolfgang pickup

In your opinions which of these two pickups would be the closest to the early(VH1) sound if you had to choose.

Re: EVH Frankenstein pickup vs EVH Wolfgang pickup

What kind of guitar do you have? What amp are you using?

Comment

^^
      However, my buddy is the closet I've seen/heard pulling EVH off. He's had both here at the house and to my ears I prefer the EVH p/u and plan to get one.
      Guitars:
      2019 PRS CE24, 2002 Carvin, 2010 Epiphone 335 dot, custom tele, 5 Peavey V Type's (DMZ SD/paf pro, JB/59, JB8/Jazz, EMG 57/66, and Full shred) Esp/Ltd (Invader set), Jackson DKMGT (EMG 81/85)
      Amps: Orange Dual Dark 100, Dark Terror, Micro Dark, CR120, EVH 5153 50w
      Cabs:Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, EVH 4x12/2x12, Geezer 2x12 with v30's

Comment

Jigsisme were talking first album sound is that what you mean.

Comment

For VH1, I liked the EVH more than the Wolfgang. He prefers the Wolfgang if I recall. The EVH was in a HSS American Strat, paired with YVM singles. Wolfgang was stock in guitar. Multiple rigs with EVH 5153 head, 6505, AXfx, Kemper (with top Jimmy profiles). Both are great but I just like the EVH as it has "more" in case I needed it. Both responded well to vol/tone roll off. I think he's still thinking of a p/u to put into a single p/u Charvel build and I'm sure he's leaning to one of those 2.
          Guitars:
          2019 PRS CE24, 2002 Carvin, 2010 Epiphone 335 dot, custom tele, 5 Peavey V Type's (DMZ SD/paf pro, JB/59, JB8/Jazz, EMG 57/66, and Full shred) Esp/Ltd (Invader set), Jackson DKMGT (EMG 81/85)
          Amps: Orange Dual Dark 100, Dark Terror, Micro Dark, CR120, EVH 5153 50w
          Cabs:Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, EVH 4x12/2x12, Geezer 2x12 with v30's

Comment

Working...
          X