banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this has been asked a million times but.......

New to the forum.

I have an American Standard Strat. I want to put a stacked 59 at the neck and bridge position and leave the single coil in the middle. One volume, 2 tones and a 5 position blade selector switch. I have heard the pickups will be out of phase in the 2nd and 4th position if not wired correctly.
    I looked for the wiring diagram on the site but it won't let me choose single coil for the middle pickup position.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: I'm sure this has been asked a million times but.......

You mean a humbucker Lil 59, i guess.
    Just do it. If it sound oop, change the black and green wires on both humbuckers.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 02-26-2020, 04:52 PM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Actually fender pickups are wired with the opposite polarity of Duncans so they should already have the job done for you. should sound fine if you wire them as-is.

If it's out of phase (you'll know, it'll sound weak and nasal, almost a wah-like quality) then you simply reverse the hot and ground wires of the middle pickup

Comment

Thanks everyone. Reversed the hot and ground of the single coil middle pickup and it sounds great.

Comment

Working...
        X