banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding some “oomph” to a Seth Lover bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adding some “oomph” to a Seth Lover bridge?

Got my A8 in the mail yesterday and put it in: just what I needed! More bass/low mids, less honk, and a little more output (output increase was less extreme than I expected), it mates well with the neck pickup, but still has some vintage-y charm.

Unfortunately I must have put the magnet in backwards, because my middle position is out of phase now
    Last edited by ragamuffin; 03-03-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

easy enough to flip it and get it right, glad it pushed things in the right direction!

Comment

Update on this thread: I liked the pickup better with the A8 in it, but after a while I decided that I still wasn't quite what I wanted. It was still just kind of thinner than what I wanted to hear.

So... I got in contact with Craig at Vineham Pickups and ended up ordering an A4 Whiskey Burner (9k paf type humbucker) and I love it! It has a fullness that my Seth Lover bridge lacked. It has slightly more output, not a ton, and has a fuller bass (but still tight and not at all excessive). It's got great clarity/articulation and sounds equally good clean or overdriven. I'm very happy with the purchase!
        Last edited by ragamuffin; 05-12-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

the seth is a lower wind pup and thats not for everyone. i had a seth in the bridge of a dual bucker tele and it was super thin no matter what i did to it. ended up with a pup with more turns in order to get where i wanted to be. glad you found something that works for ya

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            the seth is a lower wind pup and thats not for everyone. i had a seth in the bridge of a dual bucker tele and it was super thin no matter what i did to it. ended up with a pup with more turns in order to get where i wanted to be. glad you found something that works for ya
            Yep too thin for me in the bridge, but I can see how some might like it. I guess I'd never played truly low-wind/output humbuckers so my expectations were a bit skewed. I love the neck pickup tone but the bridge was not for me.

Comment

Working...
            X