Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL-5

HI

DOES AN SSL-5 HAVE FORMVAR OR OR ENAMEL COIL WIRE AWG42 OR AWG43 ?

I WAS TOLD THEY HAVE 13500 TURNS OF WIRE IS THIS CORRECT ?

CHEERS

Re: SSL-5

what color is the wire on the coil? its #43 for sure, no idea how many turns. i doubt youll find that info from an official source

Comment

Duncan doesn't publish the # of turns, or at least, I've never seen that from any SD source.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you know the wire gauge and dcr you can use algebra to determine the length of the wire. There's a blog about it.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

To be honest, SSL-5 is that different from usual strat pickups all that info is a bit meaningless. It sounds like it does, and you can't really know how by any of that data.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            what color is the wire on the coil? its #43 for sure, no idea how many turns. i doubt youll find that info from an official source
            SSL-5 wire is the orangey-copper color, if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
              SSL-5 wire is the orangey-copper color, if that helps

It's also pretty full on the bobbin. Like, enough that I wasn't sure if I was going to be scraping the wire when putting on the pickup cover. :P

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
              X